elle

MPG Happy Talk

I do know that I barely ever use the service brakes, there is rust on all 4 rotors. :)

I have been wondering about the service brakes lately. Would it be a wise driving practice to do a firm stop at least once on each drive to keep those service brakes in good working order? Seems like the MPG impact for one firm stop would be negligible and may have a big benefit if it keeps the brakes in good working order. Thoughts?

Great city trip today. Outbound was 55 MPG and home was high enough to get a round trip average of 58+.

That looks like strong evidence that you don't need to switch to 17" wheels/tires.

This makes me happy. may look pitiful compared to everything else posted, but considering its from a 365HP twin turbo V6, Not bad at all.

10380145_727736113935192_200057527766486

With temperature being in the upper 70's the past 2 weeks, I've consistently been getting 50-52 round trip on my commute to work. I'm flirting with a 47-48 mpg tank of gas, the only other time I did that was when I tried ethanol free.

I was at 47.7 over 460 miles on the tank when I left for work this morning. I'll probably need to fill up either tonight or tomorrow depending on where the evening takes me tonight, so I'll know for sure then.

With temperature being in the upper 70's the past 2 weeks, I've consistently been getting 50-52 round trip on my commute to work. I'm flirting with a 47-48 mpg tank of gas, the only other time I did that was when I tried ethanol free.

I was at 47.7 over 460 miles on the tank when I left for work this morning. I'll probably need to fill up either tonight or tomorrow depending on where the evening takes me tonight, so I'll know for sure then.

Filled the tank at 516.6 miles (300.8 EV) with the computer reading 47.8. I put 10.95 gallons in which works out to 47.1. That is my best tank ever!

Most recent tank. City driving in the summer really helps MPG. This tank would have pushed 60 MPG in the black FFH with 17-inch tires. I could have made 600+ miles but we needed to fill up before going on a long drive tomorrow.

HB, do you think the difference between your previous black FFH's mileage (would have pushed 60 MPG) and the 50.4 MPG of this one is mostly due to the wheel/tire difference? Seems like there must be other factors coming into play also.

I got back from Iowa in my MKT and I am impressed with how well it does. 22-23 MPG at 72 MPH. Would have done better but hit rain on the last part of the trip which dropped it from 24 to 22.

Has anyone tried to get their Fusion Hybrid reset BACK to the original factory setting of prior to the "recalibration?" I've seen a significant drop in MPG and a major change in the way the car drives since the "recalibration" in September 2013. Prior to the "recal" I would have true hybrid performance with the EV and ICE running together. Now it's either running on the ICE or on EV. And the slightest acceleration or push on the accelerator and the engine kicks in, dropping the instantaneous MPG to 20. Most times the instantaneous MPG reading is 20 or all EV at 60.

You only drove 1.4 miles, probably in EV mode the whole way. I usually end up over 100mpg when I drive home from the gas station - the engine is already warmed up, there is only 1 traffic light, and it's usually green, and I go into EV+ mode about .5 mile from the house. How was your mileage for the rest of your driving?

Actually that was the entire trip. But overall, I've seen a significant drop in MPG and a major change in the way the car drives since the "recalibration" in September 2013. Prior to the "recal" I would have true hybrid performance with the EV and ICE running together. Now it's either running on the ICE or on EV. And the slightest acceleration or push on the accelerator and the engine kicks in, dropping the instantaneous MPG to 20. Most times the instantaneous MPG reading is 20 or all EV at 60. On a short trip of a give or take a mile or two, I might get in the 20s. On longer drives of five miles or more, I'll get in the upper 30s or mid 40s. I do live in metro Atlanta where it is a bit hilly. But overall, my total history since April is around 40 mpg. Before the recalibration I was getting around 47. I truly believe the "recalibration" degraded the car's performance.

Consistency is great. I found her sweet spot on rural Highways. Full battery charge, and light throttle to maintain speed and easily sits at upper 40's or 50 on the instant. All time high this morning for my long trip of dropping off the kids which has a lot of hills to climb. Last tank was 47.1, wondering if I can repeat it this tank.

1907767_733781709997299_4012331231595074

And again, almost exactly 100 miles later. Back to 100 miles a day trips now that the keeds are out of skrool.

10497444_734291183279685_189992285266391

Oh and just for kicks.

10256598_734291229946347_341528233960730