elle

MPG Happy Talk

Wow someone who drives more than me, 13 months and 28K this morning. I found that the Cruise does get pretty close to what I can get when driving to work, its within 1-2 MPG. Going to get my wife to use it more often when she has the car, then I wont be giving her the evil eye when I get in after she drove it. I just tease her about it and she knows it, 43 MPG is not bad at all, I mean what is 4 MPG when you are already up at 43.

Morning commutes are great, going home, not so for. you would think people would be more eager to race home than to work.

I actually got 47 on my trip home, I was shocked since I did not even TRY! LOL

Did you look at the right number? ;)

Yeah it was the higher of the two and in blue! LOL

New record for my morning drive!

10543593_757178474324289_884088540852217

Had to drop the T off for an axle recall inspection, so from the dealer to my office.

This is funny, drove 47 miles and got 47.8 MPG. Would have been even better had I driven 47.8 miles. Brake scores were strange today, almost all of them were 99%, brakes were a bit grabby. Then someone slammed on the brakes so got an 84, then after that they were all 98%.

10553643_757715330937270_461410476474742

Had my 2nd 47+ mpg tank of the summer this morning: 48.5 mpg for 454 miles and 9.3 gallons. I easily could've made 500 miles but it was the start of a trip fuel prices are cheaper at the starting location than the ending.

Not that this thread needs more happy posts but it's just fun to see and share.

Another trip to Madison WI along Route 14 and I-90

B58A5DAC-C112-4E21-98B0-20B793278930_zps

Just think, if it wasn't for that stretch between Woodstock and Harvard, you might have hit 50.

The cooler temps here this week have improved my FE by at least 1-3 MPGs over last week, :drop: as seen in the photo below of my trip meter for the current tank of gas.

The highs this week have only been up to the low 90's, and the lows around 70°. Yesterday some precip clouds moved in and held the day's high temp down to the mid-80's.

Early Fall MPGs in AZ

Happy to report that with 36* temps, still getting 45 MPG. :) I thought for SURE I had a 100% brake score, every single stop was 100%. How I got 98%, no friggin CLUE! ohchannelinger