elle

MPG Happy Talk

This last tank - 52.6 MPG, 615 mi/tank and still had DTE miles left. Started approaching "jeff_h-type" numbers.

Well now I have a much bigger HVB which really helps! Still trying to stretch the battery and get the best MPG I can... below is the best so far -

MPG_105_7_20140502_zps2b905a0e.jpg

Nice did you actually try or did it just happen?

I had to fill up today and with 46.9 (45 MPG actual) it came in just shy of EPA ;)

Today, Nope, Drove like an ass. I had some moron try to cut me off from the left lane, which ended, you know, has a sign saying LEFT LANE ENDS. Still don't understand how they get in that lane and think THEY have the ROW. Anyhow, I was keeping pace with the truck in front and I still managed to get 47.

The other day traffic was just perfect for it, no one behind riding my tail and the guy in front was doing a P&G of his own.

That was the Energi, right? A regular FFH can't possible achieve that, can it?

Yes, that's with the Energi with the much larger HVB -- on most commutes I stretch the estimated 21 miles to about 25-28 or so and then in hybrid mode around 45-50 or so MPG and it comes out to somewhere in the 80s for most trips. However that trip pictured above was one of those times when everything fell into place with traffic, weather, etc and got 44 EV miles (of the 58 mile commute, a couple miles shorter as no carpooler that day) so getting the 105.7 was the best I've gotten thus far (but got a 105.1 the next afternoon trip). It still makes the commute a bit more bearable when you make it more of a driving game...

New record for me. This is the highest I ever got coming in to work.

10256550_713229272052543_876954005052166

This last tank is sitting at a nice 45 MPG. :) This year looks promising, seems like the car has broken in nicely.

Well it rained this morning, so no repeat of yesterday, still managed 43 though.

I meant to post here last week and it slipped my mind. As others have noted, the summer blend of fuel appears to have trickled in. My last tank I was at 49.8 MPG nearly halfway through the tank according to the computer. I then traveled 50 miles round trip through a thunderstorm and another 200 miles through mountains. That dropped the tank average to 45.8 mpg (measured at the pump).

My lifetime average has gone up 3 tenths since winter ended as well.

I pulled my covers off and have been getting around 46 MPG now, this last tank on 87 Octane. I normally run 89. The fuel station I was getting it at appears to have closed. :(

46.3 on the way home from work to pick up the kids, then 62 from there to the house.

It was 39* and raining this morning. It does take its toll on fuel economy, just barely got over 40. Pretty sure the cover would have helped it get 43, but I did not feel like putting it back on after getting the car all cleaned up. Thankfully no scratches on the chrome from the cover. Still completely satisfied with the car.

Another venture into the city and then a quick trip around town got the same results as last time - 50 off hwy and 42 on hwy. Last month my gas bill was $69 compared to the Explorer at roughly $300 a month. Silly question - of course I'm happy. :love_shower:

Its hard to believe how good it can get but slipped out to get pizza and ran mostly in electric mode and 60.3 mpg. Now if only I could restrain myself on the highway..