elle

MPG Happy Talk

You did better than I did, got a little over 35, but it was also as cold as -21 by me. Started out at -13 then climbed(dropped) to -21 and leveled out at -17 until I got to CL.

It was so cold that the car switched to S1 a couple times after coming to a stop and waiting for traffic. In fact it was so cold that I did not have any EV for 20 miles.

Funny thing is, this has been the coldest winter ever since driving a Hybrid, and so far this one is doing the best at getting 35 MPG with sub-zero temps. All the others when it was this cold barely cracked 30. When the temps get back up to 30, looking forward to seeing that 40 mark again.

I would call that Happy MPG talk.

HAHA My HyTi did better than your PpPppRius! LOL

I wonder, if you sprinkle seeds on it, will it become a Prius Pet?

15* this morning, I think my car was enjoying the balmy weather, she got 41! I had a lot more EV than I have for weeks too. I didn't think it would be possible, but this one is doing better than the 2010 in the cold. I figured it would be around 36 most of the time when below 20* but seeing 41, that makes me happy for sure! The 2010 would always be between 34 and 37 when below 20*.

I took Kishwaukee this morning, route 14 is getting pretty rough and I dont want to risk blowing out a tire or worse busting a wheel. It takes a little longer, but there was no risk of getting damaged. It's the first time I took it in a long while so unsure if that helped or hurt the MPG. In any case, the car is clean and shining again, and getting good gas mileage and the sun is out. All is good.

More happy talk. had a good trip this morning, stupid schools have the kids OFF today because Monday is a holiday. I dont understand WHY they have a 4 day weekend, no wonder the kids are coming out dumb. In any case had to take them to the inlaws so it was a long morning trip. Happy to say the car did very well today, now with temps above 0 seeing near, at and above 40 again.

1658261_672965526078918_660501387_o.jpg

Did a couple of short trips this afternoon, 6.2, 5.0 and 1.2 miles. Got 47.2 MPG for the day. The first two trips were both about 48 MPG. The outside temp was 39 degrees which was certainly a factor. It seems that above freezing is a tipping point for this car, below 32 the MPGs are barely above 40 for me, but once the temp hits 32 then the MPGs jump up to 45+.

Actually I think a temp of 50 is maybe another tipping point (you'll see that, come July or so)... it was a nice 55 degrees on the way home today and when in hybrid mode I would say it jumps into EV a lot quicker and more often when the outside temp rises to a milder temp like 50 or so. I got 81 MPG on the way home but of course 20 or so miles of Energi battery sure helps - tomorrow supposed to be over 60 in the afternoon and I bet it will be an even better MPG day, we shall see.

It was 33 this morning, and from Woodstock to work, car sat in the lot two hours before driving the rest of the way. Very happy MPG.

1909413_675351305840340_338928322_o.jpg