elle

MPG Happy Talk

Well although NOT my HyTi, still VERY Happy MPG, Returned from my Toledo RC show this weekend and took the MKT. What a pleasure to drive, not once did I feel the need to have to stop to stretch, only stops were made for FPG.

10174828_697432953632175_301383262_n.jpg

Had this tank over 26, but missed the 80/94 detour and wound up on the skyway and heavy crapcago traffic.

10170937_697432950298842_7948412_n.jpg

Not bad for a 365 HP AWD 4800# CUV.

I got 44, I'm happy, 1 MPG higher than my expectations. Wont be long now until they replace the benzine with gasoline, then I can start adding back to fuelly. I didn't bother with a winter fuelly, I already know how crappy it will be, but warmer weather driving is what I like to keep track of.

Well this surprised the hell out of me today. My usual drive home.

10155787_703693053006165_646992123160055

Hey imagine 51 or 52 if you learned how to brake properly, hahahahahaha

Ha fricin Ha. :) Victim of Circumstance! Part of that was through Crystal Lake where 2/3rds of the drivers are morons, and swerve in front just so they can get to the next light first, then slam on the brakes. Happened twice with 48% brake scores for me. Brake scores are the least of my concerns, for some odd reason I can go down the same hill time after time, and have 100% one time, and 68% another, yet my brake pressure never changes. It just depends on how much charge is in the HVB, some times it is near full so regen isnt as strong. When the pack is low, I can feel it regen more, which gives me a higher score. Other times it feels like it isnt slowing down, so I give it a touch more then, wham, service brakes kick in. I just say, well better luck next time. As long as I get over 40 MPG everyday, I'm happy with it. Every so often though I get a pleasant surprise, and yesterday's was nice. Not having some Bubba riding my butt helps too. There is always some moron in a Jeep of some kind or another who is inch's off my bumper and wont pass. Funny thing is I leave them way behind on the S curves. This Car handles curves wonderfully, 65-70 MPH through the curves, where the 2010 had problems at 60.

Love my Fusion!

I know some here remember all my ranting regarding the first car, which pretty much has been proven to be the issue. So you have never heard me complain about my Hyti MPG even though it isnt anything like what others get. However, I don't try to maximize, satisfied with the 38-43 its been getting.

Well today I actually tried.

Very pleased with the results.

10012636_710457212329749_694471023802013

Would have been over 47 had I not hit a wall of traffic.

1941332_710457208996416_6472526578610053

While not nearly as good as some others have posted, for the roads I travel on, this is exceptional! I think CC will agree since he traveled my direction a couple times. Whats funny is I have 6 fewer EV miles, 1% lower brake score, yet 1.5 MPG higher than the last time I snapped a pic of my trip.

Edit, I forgot to mention that its only 46* this morning so heat was on too.

Edited by acdii