elle

MPG Happy Talk

Today I thought for sure it would be under 40, lights were against me, I just ddn't feel like playing the game, thought for sure it sucked up gas. I got a 93% score, along with 43 MPG. I was surprised.

Yesterday though, I had a really good trip.

1973998_688697331172404_48024079_o.jpg

The car is almost at 50% EV. only off by 1551 miles. Total EV 9000.9. Too many hills and highway miles for the perfect 50% bracket, but still doing better than the BD ever did. No complaints!

Gotta love seeing the mild weather return... the Energi is rated lower then the hybrid in MPG (Energi rated 43, hybrid rates 47), but still a good day -

64 miles @ 80 MPG (OK started with the full Energi HVB)

42 miles @ 54 MPG (didn't use the Energi HVB, saved it for the return trip)

42 miles @ 101 MPG (had lots of help from the Energi HVB)

62 miles @ 55 MPG (slow traffic on the PM commute always helps MPG)

7 miles @ 72 MPG (included my favorite 5/8 mile downhill so that skews things)

So throw out entries #1 and #3 above since those were using the Energi HVB, and the others were with the HVB empty and running in hybrid mode... not as good as the hybrid used to get on similar trips but still darn good!

I hate to be mean but I just went a round thru the StoneMountainPark GA. 25 - 30 MPH speed limit ups and downs and this result. It's soooo much fun to pass pedestrians and cyclist in stealth mode ;)

FD6411F2-7837-423C-A634-AFD75958F66D_zps

So if you are in GA, I wonder who that was in the RR FFH that almost rear ended someone at 31 & 62 because they were looking at my shiny nice MKT.