elle

MPG Happy Talk

This morning my lifetime ticked over to 51.8. I really enjoy the mileage I'm getting.

You do really well, I assume you skip the AC in the mornings since the temps are still reasonable? But then again, I saw you had good numbers in BOTH morning and afternoon posted the other day, well done!

This car just continues to amaze me. It is due for a tire rotation and oil change, but it is doing so good, hate to jinx it.

10448723_735771466464990_504214989341661

This one has been nothing but great since day 1. I am so happy I decided to trade up to it and take the chance after having so much trouble with the first one. :happy feet: :shift: :wub: :love_shower: :love_shower:

I don't know why, but I feel disappointed that I only got 48 MPG this morning. Pretty sad.

My current tank is not looking so good due to the weather here(and my wife driving it a few days). Its only at 43, which is better than it was the other day at 39, only because I was able to get a few 48-50 MPG trips in. I got another 50 this morning,which makes me happy, it is so easy to do it now.

The summer heat here has required a lot of AC which has been rough on my MPG but I did have a bright spot on my trip to Flagstaff this weekend:

20140705_161441_zpsadb36755.jpg

Admittedly, this was possible due to a steep grade, but I thought it was still pretty cool. I made it 8 miles straight without burning gas.

Somewhere there is a thread with most MPG for a long distance, I think this one wins!

Right now my current tank is sitting at 47 MPG, however the wife is taking the car today and going to be putting at least 100 miles on it, so there goes hope of another another high MPG tank. :(

Well I am happy that I, ME that is, can see 47 in the car. Sometimes my wife does great in the car, when she pays attention, so she blames it on other drivers when she does poorly. When I mention it she just rolls her eyes at me.