coach81

2013 Hybrid MPG Results

I concur, these things run really cold. Interesting how they lose MPG at such a high amount vs the 2010-12 models. Mine is only losing at most 5 MPG on the coldest days. Part of that is the low tire pressures I run in it for snow handling in the 2010, they are set to 30 all around, otherwise it would be an ice skate. Next set of tires will be the Goodyears LS2 that come on the 18" 13 FFH. Those with 42 PSI handle snow great.

Now that I got the first tank done (and got 53 MPG btw :) ), I'm finally letting my wife drive Sylvia (it has been difficult but I like my marriage)... yesterday she was proud to say she got 46 MPG on her first trip with her... I was so proud!!!!

That was the same MPG you got on your first drive... you've got some competition!

I really have nothing against the Fusion, I actually find myself wishing I can drive it instead of the 2010. My issue is with Ford corporate. How many drivers on here that are getting OK gas mileage have to drive it so lightly to get that?

When I look back to the test drive I did in another Fusion hybrid a couple weeks back, I got 38 in it, then it dawned on me, we had stopped at a gas station to put some gas in it, and the engine was running all that time. Which means, the actual MPG was much higher than that. Thinking back to that road test now makes me believe, it isn't how I drive the car anymore, but that there really is an issue somewhere in the cars software that cant be found.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that some resolution can be had with Ford so I can keep the car, or they can switch it out for another one that does work right. Half considering keeping it if they can warranty it B2B for 125K. This way I can get the plugs changed every 4500 miles and not have to pay for them! LOL

Didn't you post somewhere that you gave the car back and the dealer cut you a good deal on a TI non-hybrid model? It's hard to tell as you have been all over different threads that you were looking at a MKT and many other cars.

So do you still own the 2013 hybrid?

I still own the car, right now its on consignment with my dealer. I did place an order for a regular Ti, and finding it very difficult to get by with only one car. Because of where we live, if you dont have a car, you are pretty much stuck. Thankfully my wife and I work very close to each other so we can car pool. Reason I mentioned looking for an MKT is because since we got rid of our Flex and then the F150, we found out too late how much we actually did use them every month.

Basically I have 3 things going on right now, and it has my head spinning trying to sort it all out. First thing is just trying to get Ford to work with me on the current car, I dont know where it will go, but I have to at least try. Second, waiting for the other car to be built, and going 8 or more weeks without a second car, is probably not going to work at all, so Third, screw the car, and get an MKT/FLEX and be done with it. The last part is more difficult than the first two mainly because the Fusion was supposed to be my last new car for quite some time, so which ever vehicle I replace it with I have to REALLY LIKE. I am also trying to find one that has what I want in it, for the price that puts it under what I pay now for the Fusion, since I have to roll at least $4K into it from depreciation on the new one. This has been the most difficult part mainly because all the ones I found are over 250 miles away.

Sounds crazy I know, I really should just stick with the FFH, but I got so obsessed with the MPG in it, that it drove me nutz, drove my dealer nutz, and alienated me here with some of you.

I have one final thought rolling around my numb skull, and that is replace both cars. Thought being that I really liked the Avalon, and it is a bit roomier in the back than the Fusion is, and for a second vehicle find an older lower cost pickup or SUV that can pull the horse trailer. This way we have the hauler when we need it, and a road car for our trips that gets good MPG on the highway as opposed to the MKT/Flex. This last part will take a lot of looking and finding the right dealer to work with to get it done. I really dont want to give up the 2010, what I really want is to come to some sort of agreement with Ford on swapping out this car for one that actually does get good MPG, especially now that I tested a couple other Ford Hybrids and had no problem getting 40+ in them without doing extreme P&G.

Keeping fingers crossed.