coach81

2013 Hybrid MPG Results

If you look in acdii's video you can see that the car isn't in EV+ mode yet the bar is going high like the car does in EV+ mode

And you would think with the bar as high as it is the MPG would be much higher than it actually is. Oh well, let it be somebody elses problem

But lots of is are really happy with this car, and I'd really like to hear more from those who are.

OK here's one, with today's activity:

Morning commute (60 miles) - 44.0 (was cold but not really cold, maybe 30 degrees, 44 MPG is OK)

Went out to a drive-thru for lunch (8 miles R/T) - 32.4 (what a POS, can't believe Ford would game things like this, I hate you Ford you big bunch of liars)

Afternoon commute (60 miles) - 50.8 (that's more like normal)

So why such disparity in the MPG between 32 and 44 / 50? Think, McFly... think.

Edited by jeff_h

Wouldnt be so bad if the car was more like 38-39, I can easily live with that. For the first 2 tanks after the plugs were replaced it did just that, and I had high hopes. Didn't last. :( I really dont know what irks me more, the car or Ford? Maybe its because my 3 year old hybrid beats the new car by 3 MPG? All I know is that I really don't know what to do at this point, I like the car, but I get upset when I drive it knowing it should do better than it does, and further knowing that the way to get it to do 40 MPG is risky because it can cause road rage in others.