coach81

2013 Hybrid MPG Results

43* today and could not break 37. What a PITA this car is. I cant wait until the weather finally clears and warms up to see if it improves any.

I'm confused. Took the 10 out this morning, roads are wet, its 35*, misting, Foggy, and yet...

398804_517329564975849_244108935_n.jpg

Yesterday it was 43*, same conditions though, and only got 37 in the 13. Sad part, I wasn't trying to get good MPG this morning, my head hurt too much and I didn't get much sleep. I just drove. I think the 10 was just happy to be driven.

In the early days with this car I was getting much lower averages than I get now. It takes a while for the overall average to rise. Today I took a short trip to the veterinarian and while I did not check when I got there, the return trip was 48mpg and that was with no thought to how I was driving (had a dog on my lap). 62 degrees out. This seriously would not have happened in this car during the first two weeks I had it. I'm very pleased with the direction things are headed.

I would give that a try, heck I'll try anything once...once, except I wouldnt be able to see past my dog.

New Owner, build date 11/12 only on 2nd tank of gas.... have had mixed results, one CT to MA trip in 30's 3 hour each way 45.1 up and 43.1 back, 2/3's highway. Same day got 47 MPG on another 78 mile trip and 43.1 MPG on leg back. Getting killed on daily commute as it is only 5 miles to work and with the cold starts it just getting warmed up when I pull into lot... I had a very low lifetime average when I got the car. What is the procedure to reset that?

Please read the manual. It's important that you do so for so many reasons.

It appears that there are multiple R/C pilots posting in this forum. My problem with the Fusion is the small vertical size of the opening with the back seat folded down. I have aircraft that I do not remove the wing for transport and it is tight.

Thats the problem I have too, cant get the fin through the opening, nor the nose through with the landing gear attached. Guess I better get my small planes built, eh? Have a Chipmunk on the board now, that one should fit since the gear is in the wing and that comes off. Same with my P-51, but that has way too much work left on it, putting too many custom options on it like fully retractable landing gear with operating doors, flaps, servos at each control surface, and thats just the wing. Then I have to glass it, almost at that stage, but want to redo the wheel doors, not happy with how they look.

I have one plane that I can fit in easy, a T-34, and I have a Twin Otter if I take the wings off I can probably get it in, but it will take up the entire front and back seat. The LT40 I can put in the back seat, and slide the wing through the trunk. I might be able to get 2 in at one time, the T-34 and LT40, but thats it, need to get me a trailer for the rest. I dont think my 4*120 with DLE20 will fit though, the wing is 80" long, and the fuse is huge. Tail is too tall to fit through the opening.

Thats something I haven't tried yet, would be pretty neat in my 4*120, just pointing out over the cowl. I am building a Chipmunk and have the main construction all done. Started doping the rudder and elevators, my first fabric covering job, so the results will either be great or look like crap. This is one that will fit in the car easily. Its surprisingly light too. Already have 2 servos in the wing, 3 more, RX battery, fuel tank and engine, and it should be a screamer. I use LIFE packs for the RX battery, half the weight of the NiMh.

156047_522412137800925_298032157_n.jpg

Thanks. I hope it looks as good as the real one when done, all depends on the covering job.

Heres my 4*. Nearly finished, have to complete the engine install, and then graphics and it will be ready to fly. Not in a rush on this one though, I still need to buy a muffler for it, the one I had got holed when the other 4* lost a wing and crashed.

59519_493195994055873_1162160234_n.jpg

Funny, didnt realize it until you said that. I got the covering for that plane long before I got the car, it does look very close in color!

Maybe I should look for a DIB Flex!