smr2112

It's Magic VIN Friday!

How do you like the color scheme? I ordered the same but haven't found any pics showing the stone interior with black exterior. I was hopping for more of a tan interior when I ordered but the med stone looked kinda close.

Post some pics :)

I like the color scheme a great deal. Last week my dealership had a black / black hybrid on the lot, and I didn't really care for it that much. The medium light stone looks good. I don't have a good camera on me at the moment, and the sky is a bit overcast but I'll see about getting you some pics soon (today hopefully).

The dealer will have no motivation to give you anything but your money back. The car is a hot car and an easy seller for your dealer. They will take delivery of your order and sell it off the lot to someone else (probably with a greater mark-up because someone can take immediate delivery). Also, this is not your dealer's fault. If production is behind schedule it is only a function of the popularity of the car. I would suggest you wait. You will enjoy it when you get it.

I placed my MMH order in mid-March, to get the $3400 tax rebate. Began reading the blogs in May and realized I should have a VIN#, since at that point, people were getting their VINs around 2 weeks after they ordered. Called for an update, still no VIN #. Called my dealer, upset, wondering if they placed some kind of "hold" on the order, or requested a delayed delivery date, since my lease isn't up until September on my current vehicle.

Magically, less then two weeks after I called them, I had a VIN#. Based on the 6-8 weeks it was taking others to receive their vehicles back in May, I estimated an end f July delivery date. Sure enough, end of July it was in. Got my Milan Hybrid last week, and just LOVE it!!!!! I ordered every available option, and it is so FUN to drive! As an added bonus, I get Z Plan pricing. :headspin:

Hello everyone, my wife and I are new to this forum. We just ordered our tuxedo black with stone interior 502 a package FFH on 7/29, the dealership called me on 7/31 and said the order was in the computer. Based on the experiences I have read so far is it safe to assume that we will be waiting around 8-9 weeks for delivery?

We are really excited, this will be our first hybrid vehicle and our first Ford. We debated for months between the FFH and the new third generation Prius. We both felt in the end that the fusion hybrid was just a better overall car for us and our family (we just had our first child, 4 month old baby girl).

Anyway looking forward to hearing about other people's experiences with their FFH.

Daniel

You won't be disappointed. It drives like a dream, very smooth and comfortable, (and of course, quiet)! From what I am reading, a much better ride then the Prius.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on our FFH order. The sales guy we are working with called me on Monday and gave us a VIN # for our car, a build date of the week of August 31, and delivery date of mid September!

I placed the order with the dealership on July 29th; so everything appears to be on track for a 6-8 week turnaround.

Daniel

OK, you're reading this on Friday or a Friday has just past.

Who get's a VIN today, somebody's got to get an update,

so call your salesman and bug them (and have them bug Ford)...

Since we are all waiting, I've gone from blaming the dealership

to saying "it's Ford's fault".

I am sort of keeping an informal list, if you have an update or

recently ordered, chime in... I am curious why the lag for all of us

when other's said 3 weeks to get a VIN?

The Chad (FFH) - 5/?? - Has VIN!/Waiting on Build date (?)

vschmidt (MMH) - 5/23 - waiting for VIN/Build (Dayton, OH)

wwoody723 (MMH) - 5/28 - Build 7/6, Waiting on VIN (?)

wstcoaster07 (FFH) - 06/10 - waiting for VIN/Build (Kingman, TX)

smr2112 (FFH) - 06/17 - waiting for VIN/Build (Philadelphia, PA)

rfruth (FFH)- 06/29 - waiting for VIN/Build (Houston, TX)

clem151 (FFH)- 6/29 - waiting for VIN/Build (?)

Personally, I can't wait, so I am glad to share the following.

I am really anxious to start growing some leaves even though

who knows when I'll have my car...

I am going to start practicing my hypermiling in my gas

guzzler now and you can too. What a hoot. Heck, I may

cancel my order if this works out...

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/102207...-on-your-iphone

Update on past posts. It’s now 11 weeks since we ordered our MMH. Dealer said not to expect it until second week in September which will be 15 weeks since our May 28th order date. I sent a letter to Ford asking why so long to build but don’t expect they will answer. I sent my order form with the letter. In addition, we will miss the C4C money. I know that you can use C4C on orders as long as you have a VIN which we have. My dealer told us he will not do C4C on an order. We have lost all excitement over the purchase of our Milan.

Spoke with my dealer again last night and apparently last week they were full of crap AGAIN. They claimed that when they told me it was being built this week, it is what they were told, but that their "rep" was not right. Anyway, now the GM said that it is scheduled, but did not know an exact week yet. He told me if I did not have it by the end of sept they would cover the diff when the gov tax credit drops from 1700 to 850 (correct?). I asked for any other discounts and he said for my price of 29.5k for a 502A +powercode, they would rather I back out instead of them dropping the price at all. If I drop out now, I will potentially not be able to get such a low price and deff wont be able to get one before the end of Sept to take advantage fo the gov credit... guess I am still in for the wait.

AFAIK, to get the tax credit, you just need to order it. So as long as you order your car before sept 30 (I think thats the date?), you can get the $1,700 credit. If your dealer doesn't realize this, and gives you $850 extra because the car is delivered after sept 30, you could still get the $1700 credit.

AFAIK, to get the tax credit, you just need to order it. So as long as you order your car before sept 30 (I think thats the date?), you can get the $1,700 credit. If your dealer doesn't realize this, and gives you $850 extra because the car is delivered after sept 30, you could still get the $1700 credit.

I think the credit applies to the date the car was purchased, not ordered. Could be wrong, but that is the info I have always gotten

This credit has nothing to do with the dealer, it is a credit you claim on your Fed tax return at the end of the year, so for the specific rules you would see the below link which stipulates that the effective date for the credit is date the vehicle was "purchased or placed in service"... I believe placed in service would be synonymous to taking delivery, however would the term "purchased" refer to the date that you shelled out a down-payment and initiated/obligated yourself to the purchase, or when the purchase transaction was closed? Beats me, I am no tax attorney. There may be some IRS pub that spells that out more definitively, I don't know.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=157632,00.html

Also, don't forget that if you purchase a new car this year you can deduct (tax deduction, not credit) the state/local sales tax that you paid on the vehicle from your Fed taxes. The link to that one is noted below.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=205863,00.html

I remember in the spring people were saying the order date could be used as the date. The $3,400 tax credit stopped march 31, and FFH weren't even being delivered until march. So that means you basically had only 1 month of production that was eligible for the full tax credit? That doesn't seem fair.

Here's some more details:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/uptospeed/...tax-credit.html

We at Up to Speed called the IRS for a ruling on this matter: Is it possible to get the full credit or not by making a pre-order? Unfortunately, their best advice, thanks to spokesman Robert Marvin, was that we "might want to consult a tax attorney." We called one. But he took a long time to get back to us, because it turns out this is a thorny issue. In the meantime, we checked the statute:

"The date of purchase determines the amount of the credit available for a vehicle, i.e. whether a vehicle is eligible for the full credit or whether a portion of the credit is phased-out. The placed in service date determines the taxable year in which the credit may be claimed."

So delivery date doesn't matter. But is a pre-order a purchase?

Ford says it is. "That's our interpretation of the tax code," said Alan Hall, a Ford spokesman, pointing out that when one custom orders a vehicle, it's promised to him or her.

That settles it, we thought. But no sooner did we hang up than Jason Flashberg, a tax partner at Holthouse, Carlin & Van Trigt, called us back. He'd buried himself to the temples in the hybrid code and even put in a call to the IRS' happily named Complex Tax Law Issues Department.

" 'Pre-order' is not a defined term in the code with respects to this tax credit," Flashberg said. Also, "it's not defined as to what 'purchased' specifically means in this case." But in general, he said, purchasing something is understood as having the benefits and burdens of ownership. The question, then, is whether a $500 refundable deposit can be interpreted as implying the benefits and burdens of Ford or Mercury ownership. "If you are able to put down a $500 down payment and then walk away, that doesn't seem like a purchase," Flashberg said.

Kind of a fuzzy issue, but Ford says its order date, as long as you put down SOME deposit? I guess it just depends on if the IRS audits you and how good your argument is. With Ford backing you up I think you'd be in good shape.

Update on past posts. It’s now 11 weeks since we ordered our MMH. Dealer said not to expect it until second week in September which will be 15 weeks since our May 28th order date. I sent a letter to Ford asking why so long to build but don’t expect they will answer. I sent my order form with the letter. In addition, we will miss the C4C money. I know that you can use C4C on orders as long as you have a VIN which we have. My dealer told us he will not do C4C on an order. We have lost all excitement over the purchase of our Milan.

Trust me, I completely understand.

I ordered the MMH in Dayton on 5/23. My order was confirmed 2 full weeks later. Today begins week 13 since I ordered (11 weeks since the order was confirmed).

My order was Unsched/Clean according to Ford Customer Care (FCC) in week 9, when it was finally "serialized, awaiting production" and I was finally given a build date of "the week of 24--31 August."

At the beginning of last week (10 Aug, week 12) I was told by FCC my production date is 29 Aug, and Friday (14 Aug) I was told by FCC my production date would be, specifically, 29 Aug, with an ETA to Dayton of 14 September.

Wow, 14 September: 17 weeks since it was ordered, and 15 weeks since it was confirmed. [Don't even get me started on the "it's not an order until it is confirmed" garbage; the dealer should know how to get an order made, that is not my responsibility!]

My wife and I are now very disgusted with the whole thing, and I am passively looking at other vehicles instead of the MMH we have on order -- we can walk away with 100% refund. We're now considering a Camry Hybrid or Civic Hybrid. The problem is, I have to drive nearly 1.5 hours just to test drive a vehicle!

My only source of reasonable data seems to be calling FCC, since my dealer rarely has information for me and does not return my calls or tell me about status changes, as they said they would be doing when I originally ordered. Grade of F- for the dealer in communications.

Great way to build consumer confidence! No, we're not happy campers here either. Nor are we remotely enthusiastic about this car any longer. :rant:

My wife and I are now very disgusted with the whole thing, and I am passively looking at other vehicles instead of the MMH we have on order -- we can walk away with 100% refund. We're now considering a Camry Hybrid or Civic Hybrid. The problem is, I have to drive nearly 1.5 hours just to test drive a vehicle!

I won't lie, I have been searching other possible cars as well but according to most reviews, the FFH is the better car. As much as I hate being jerked around and would LOVE to hurt the dealership sales by cnx, I realize in the long run I will be the one without my FFH and ford will be the one selling it at a higher price to some customer who walks in the door. So, for now, I sit and wait.

p.s. I searched practically every zip code within a 6hr drive and not a single one had a black FFH 502A package w/ med stone interior. (well I searched the major zip codes that is). IF I did find one then the hard part would be them selling the car for 29950.00 like my dealer instead of the sticker which is about 33000.00

Sorry about your experience, but if you are able to separate the dealer's customer service part with vehicle experience (once you have it), I guarantee you will forget about the former! Just don't use those guys to do any future maintenance, etc.

The closest Ford dealer other than the one I an having a problems with is 70 miles away. KS is not like the East and West cost with dealers on every block.

p.s. I searched practically every zip code within a 6hr drive and not a single one had a black FFH 502A package w/ med stone interior. (well I searched the major zip codes that is). IF I did find one then the hard part would be them selling the car for 29950.00 like my dealer instead of the sticker which is about 33000.00

May I suggest calling dealerships. I am in the KC metro area where these cars are very hard to find. After one dealership wouldn't sell us one with x-plan pricing, and not finding another car with the same options, color, etc. online, I got on the phone and found a few more, one of which was exactly what we wanted, at other dealerships. It seems as though not all dealers put what they have in their online inventories. Hope this helps.

This is my first post, so I'll say now that we LOVE LOVE LOVE this car!!!!

Hey guys, I figured I would update you on my FFH.

Ordered on 6/31

no info

no info

no info

Delivered 8/17

The dealer never gave me a VIN until TODAY so now I'm scrambling to get insurance quotes and quotes for other things (3M Film). They probably did it on purpose.

Sorry about your experience, but if you are able to separate the dealer's customer service part with vehicle experience (once you have it), I guarantee you will forget about the former! Just don't use those guys to do any future maintenance, etc.

So today I was finally able to pull up a window sticker for "my" MMH online. The problem is, it includes the 025 price levels, vs. the 020 pricing I had on my order on 23 May. (Easy to see under the barcode as well.) I suppose this is yet another battle I'll have to wage.

Also, the bar code at the bottom of the window sticker ends with "08 14 09" so I figured, hey, maybe they actually manufactured early instead of 29 Aug like FCC originally said. Maybe the ETA is prior to 14 September.

I called FCC to check, and they said, "no, actually the schedule has slipped and your MMH won't be manufactured until the following week, and your new ETA is now 21 September; after all, it *is* only an estimate."

:cry:

When that sticker shows online, your car is built. And that date is the build date.

he dealers have no clue about this is online window sticker

Somebody correct me if this is wrong. You should get a real ETA from the dealer, if they

look on the computer, it should show. Maybe 2-3 weeks.

Don't trust the salesguy, they are guessing and not going by real data.

What the computer says is likely what will happen.

My car was built a few days early, but likely the dealer is blowing smoke and

doesn't know actual dates - but you do!

Greetings all!

To those of you who have waited TOO long; I'm sorry for your difficulties and your woeful experience. Shame on Ford for not treating all it's desperately needed customers better. :banghead:

As a counterpoint: I ordered in late June, got a VIN, checked the build date (30 July) and got called today and the car will be ready tomorrow!!! :happy feet:

I am really excited! This is the first car I've ever ordered and the wait has certainly piqued my enthusiasm.

God Bless,

Kim

When the dealer ordered your car, the price level should be known and fixed at that point.

If it changed from what they told you, the ordered was never confirmed with the pricing they

gave you. They either hung on to the order or just didn't place it or didn't get the pricing

confirmation from the computer as they should.

I think the difference should be abour $375 or so based on what options you got, but the

dealer should eat that amount if they gave you different pricing in writing. That is their

fault, certainly not yours.

When that sticker shows online, your car is built. And that date is the build date.

he dealers have no clue about this is online window sticker

Somebody correct me if this is wrong. You should get a real ETA from the dealer, if they

look on the computer, it should show. Maybe 2-3 weeks.

Don't trust the salesguy, they are guessing and not going by real data.

What the computer says is likely what will happen.

My car was built a few days early, but likely the dealer is blowing smoke and

doesn't know actual dates - but you do!

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it didn't help in this case. I called both FCC and the dealer (I only speak with the sales manager, never a salesman) once again. FCC assures me the MMH has not been built yet, not until the first week of September, and the ETA to Dayton is 21 September. They say the date on the window sticker is not related to the build.

My dealer says the ETA is 14 September, but again, my experience is that his info is generally not reliable.

Ok, so 21 September makes this 18 weeks from my 23 May order date.

Never again.

Never.

Hey everyone. New to the forum, just found this site. I am awaiting my FFH. I ordered a light ice blue exterior/black leather interior with the 502A package on August 3rd, 2009. It has been almost 3 weeks and I am so impatient. I haven't heard anything from the dealer yet but it sounds like most people are getting their cars 8 weeks after order (waiting another 5 weeks is going to be hard since I am so excited about it!). It is my first new car (I am a recent college grad) Ive been driving a 13 year old Ford Contour since I was 16 and we bought it used.

When should I expect to hear something from my dealer? How many weeks should I wait before I contact my dealer asking about my order?

hey mizz nice move ! - Your dealer should have verified the order by now, ask them but don't wear out your welcome. I went by my dealership yesterday to talk ta the gal in the body shop who said they would install my body side molding (from Sportwing) for free then I talked to my salesman to make sure everything is still on track (it is) - I call or go by every 10 days or so.