smr2112

It's Magic VIN Friday!

OK, you're reading this on Friday or a Friday has just past.

Who get's a VIN today, somebody's got to get an update,

so call your salesman and bug them (and have them bug Ford)...

Since we are all waiting, I've gone from blaming the dealership

to saying "it's Ford's fault".

I am sort of keeping an informal list, if you have an update or

recently ordered, chime in... I am curious why the lag for all of us

when other's said 3 weeks to get a VIN?

The Chad (FFH) - 5/?? - Has VIN!/Waiting on Build date (?)

vschmidt (MMH) - 5/23 - waiting for VIN/Build (Dayton, OH)

wwoody723 (MMH) - 5/28 - Build 7/6, Waiting on VIN (?)

wstcoaster07 (FFH) - 06/10 - waiting for VIN/Build (Kingman, TX)

smr2112 (FFH) - 06/17 - waiting for VIN/Build (Philadelphia, PA)

rfruth (FFH)- 06/29 - waiting for VIN/Build (Houston, TX)

clem151 (FFH)- 6/29 - waiting for VIN/Build (?)

Personally, I can't wait, so I am glad to share the following.

I am really anxious to start growing some leaves even though

who knows when I'll have my car...

I am going to start practicing my hypermiling in my gas

guzzler now and you can too. What a hoot. Heck, I may

cancel my order if this works out...

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/102207...-on-your-iphone

I might wet myself if VIN tomorrow (still Thursday here) (((big grin)))

Ordered FFH with 502A package on May 30. On June 17 was told production date was scheduled for July 14.

Yesterday was told delivery should be no later than Aug 1. Still no VIN. Maybe tomorrow?

Hmm, I thought the VINs came first, but according to a few people, maybe not.

The VIN's do come first but my dealer wouldn't tell me the number. He said he would after it is built. They don't want their clients calling Mercury.

Just got off the telephone with my dealer...

I ordered a FFH with 502A package and remote start on June 1.

After getting updated information last night (Mystical Thursday night update) my FFH is still unscheduled and no VIN. My dealer said that they had escalated it to the Area Rep to see if he can get a reason for the delay. Not sure if he was just blowing smoke or what. I've given them 5 weeks with not calling. I'll be calling weekly now! :banghead:

--

Michael

isn't the salesperson and the dealership motivated to get you your new wheels so they get the rest of their money ?

isn't the salesperson and the dealership motivated to get you your new wheels so they get the rest of their money ?

One would think....there must be some explanation for this, because many of

us are without a status 4-5 weeks. So there is some holdup which may be legit or not.

Anybody who gets any specifics please post. Anybody work for Ford and can

explain?

Dont hate me...

But I walked into a dealership over the weekend with the intention to order a FFH. I wanted a 502A - Tux black with black leather int. I expected to wait weeks for it...

And what did the dealer get the day before...the EXACT car I wanted. I bought it :)

I'm part of the club now. And I am LOVING my car.

No reason to hate anyone for getting what they want!!! I'm just glad your dealer had what you wanted.

I had always thought that my order would take 6-8 weeks. Monday will be 6 weeks, so I still have 2 more to go! During my conversation with my dealer today he indicated that Ford had "guaranteed" the 8 week delivery time and that is why he was going to get the area manager involved.

--

Michael

Dont hate me...

No reason to hate anyone for getting what they want!!! I'm just glad your dealer had what you wanted.

I had always thought that my order would take 6-8 weeks. Monday will be 6 weeks, so I still have 2 more to go! During my conversation with my dealer today he indicated that Ford had "guaranteed" the 8 week delivery time and that is why he was going to get the area manager involved.

--

Michael

To update the beginning of this thread, I'm in Northwest Ohio (Tiffin).

Deposit placed on May 5th. Was emailed a VIN last Wednesday, though the salesperson has informed me in the past that the vehicle was built in mid-June. So I don't really know. I have a VIN, haven't called Ford yet. Not really sure on delivery date. I'm not in any hurry, but I am confused why it's taking so long (or why my dealership lacks proper communication skills).

502A, Tuxedo Black, Medium Light Stone, Remote Start

Dealership apparently did a trade last week and has a Black/Black on the lot. Not quite what I want though.

Deposit placed on May 5th. Was emailed a VIN last Wednesday, though the salesperson has informed me in the past that the vehicle was built in mid-June. I have a VIN, haven't called Ford yet.

It sounds possible that your car was built in the same week as mine, and I've now been driving my car for 10 days. You may want to call Ford and say "I have my VIN, where is my car?" and tell them that apparently your dealership is confused or is being vague for some unknown reason. The people at Ford customer service are there to provide information, hopefully they realize (apparently your dealer doesn't) that you are a paying customer who is shelling out over $30K for a car and that you could buy a $20 item on eBay/Paypal and get better visibility than you are currently getting, which doesn't sound very acceptable to me.

Really don't know why the dealers seem to be so evasive and vague.

What the computer tells them, I don't know or how hard it is to

get at.

Anyway, if you have a VIN, try this link below and substitute your VIN number

at the end. If the car is built and on it's way, you should see your window

sticker. At the bottom of it is a bar code with a date which I believe is

a build date.

Anybody who ordered in June have a VIN or build date?

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L36AR160023

It sounds possible that your car was built in the same week as mine, and I've now been driving my car for 10 days. You may want to call Ford and say "I have my VIN, where is my car?" and tell them that apparently your dealership is confused or is being vague for some unknown reason. The people at Ford customer service are there to provide information, hopefully they realize (apparently your dealer doesn't) that you are a paying customer who is shelling out over $30K for a car and that you could buy a $20 item on eBay/Paypal and get better visibility than you are currently getting, which doesn't sound very acceptable to me.

I was wondering if someone can help me decipher the Vehicle Order Confirmation printout to see if something was put into the system wrong?

Order No: 0505

Ord Code: 502A (which I understand)

Order Type: 1

Price Level: 020

Priority: 10

Anyway, if you have a VIN, try this link below and substitute your VIN number at the end. If the car is built and on it's way, you should see your window sticker. At the bottom of it is a bar code with a date which I believe is a build date.

In my case, that date on the window sticker matched the date on the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin. For me it was 6/9/09 and I believe this may be the day that the production week was finalized in their system, the day the VIN was stamped onto the frame, or whatever. I say this because there are dated stickers on each of my plastic headlight frames under the hood, one is dated 6/8/09 and the other 6/13/09. I think those dates are probably the date that these components were made by the supplier or received at the assembly plant (doesn't matter which), in either case the date on that one component is 4 days later than the MCO date, so I tend to think that my car was actually built on 6/16/09 which matches the date that my sync 2.0 installation was confirmed on the sound system. So that date on the window sticker might be the build date or might be a few days prior to actual build (as I think was the case with my car).

I was wondering if someone can help me decipher the Vehicle Order Confirmation printout to see if something was put into the system wrong?

Order No: 0505

Ord Code: 502A (which I understand)

Order Type: 1

Price Level: 020

Priority: 10

Order Type: 1 - This means it is a retail order (not for dealer stock)

Price Level: don't know, sorry

Priority: 10 - This is the highest priority an order can have. Dealers give their orders a priority between 10 (highest) and 99 (lowest). You have the highest priority order possible, which is appropriate given that it is a retail order.

Therefore, I would say the order looks good and the dealer appears to have entered it correctly.

Priority: 10 - This is the highest priority an order can have. Dealers give their orders a priority between 10 (highest) and 99 (lowest). You have the highest priority order possible, which is appropriate given that it is a retail order.

Therefore, I would say the order looks good and the dealer appears to have entered it correctly.

Could it be possible that because I have a small town dealership that they are just low on the proverbial totem pole?

Anybody know how late in the order process you can change options/colors?

Salesman told me I have very close to build date to do this (I am thinking

about switching colors) but he of course knows nothing about the order.

I am afraid I will miss this opportunity if I can even do this at all.

My order codes from my printout were nearly identical, but order

was like H111 - is that really the order #, 4 characters?

Everything else was the same as yours.

So looks like nobody new got an update or VIN.

Anybody know what:

Order Type: A

means? I would have thought 1 being a retain order. I am going to try Ford tonight.

So looks like nobody new got an update or VIN.

Anybody know what:

Order Type: A

means? I would have thought 1 being a retain order. I am going to try Ford tonight.

Order Type A means A-plan. This is employee pricing or for direct family members (parents, kids, siblings, etc). It's essentially the same as a retail order, as the customer is known and it is not for dealer stock.

Here are the differences between your order (and mine). I ordered on 5/22/09, took delivery 7/1/09.

Order No: 0505 (7878)

Ord Code: 502A (502A)

Order Type: 1 (1)

Price Level: 020 (020)

Priority: 10 (11)

Looks pretty similar to me, I don't know the difference between Pri 10 and 11 is...

:happy feet: :headspin: :happy feet:

Just received a phone mail message from my dealer.....after I left a little nasty message this morning about Customer Service.

They have my VIN number and I'll get it as soon as I return the call this evening. They also said that production was this week with a delivery date of July 27. Woo Hoo! That would make it 8 weeks from the day I ordered the car (June 1).

I'm guessing they didn't check for me on Friday and didn't really do anything until after I complained.

Hmmm.

--

Michael

UPDATE.....GOT MY VIN Number and it checks out on the Ford Website....

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co....pdf?vin=(enter VIN number here)