smr2112

It's Magic VIN Friday!

I got an update on my FFH ordered on May 30. I now have a VIN. According to the dealer, it's history shows ''PRODUCED" as of yesterday, July 17. Sent to plant July 10, to the 'trim line' July 16. Current status is "Awaiting Shipment", still in Hermosillo... a revised Estimated arrival date is August 3. So, look like 9 weeks from order to delivery (to NC).

The Window sticker is now showing for my car online. Looks like it built a day or two early.

However, the changes I had the dealer make to the color and options are not showing on

the online sticker - it's my original order and the sticker has my name on it. So I guess that

explains why the dealer never called me when I ask to confirm the changes went through.

Not much I can do about it, the order was not locked at the time. Oh well...

I know he did them, I looked over his shoulder as he typed into the computer.

I assume once that sticker shows online, the car is built as it states. Never the less, should

be here in a few weeks.

However, the changes I had the dealer make to the color and options are not showing on the online sticker -

There is a difference between your online sticker and mine, yours had the "tag" with your name after it but mine did not (even though mine was also a custom retail order).

This makes me wonder if the change you requested maybe DID get made and the changes you requested to the order was treated like a separate option since the original order was already in the system? I'm totally guessing on this, you will find out the answer to that in a couple weeks, but I just wonder why you had that extra line on the window sticker and mine did not.

Just got off the phone with the dealer and they confirmed the car is "In Production" now and the changes

I made did not go through. He told me Ford is now phasing in a system where troublemakers like me

cannot make changes to the order once it is place and this is likely what I came up against. Lesson

learned: choose your options wisely. I am content with either color, so not that big of a deal.

Either, I am happy, the car should arrive 8/10 or so. He said they can "hot list" a car at the ramp

(delivery point) and get it to the dealer a few days early if needed. But at this point, doesn't

matter to me.

There is a difference between your online sticker and mine, yours had the "tag" with your name after it but mine did not (even though mine was also a custom retail order).

"The Tag with your name" is on the sticker because it was a Plan purchase I know A/Z plans will have the customer name on the sticker, but I don't believe that will happen if it is a regular or custom retail order. I believe earlier in the thread he made reference to the A plan.

Disappointing developments --

5/23 2010 MMH order placed

6/16 Order acknowledgement (or may have been 6/8, which was told to me at one point).

7/20 VIN provided through my Ford Customer Care inquiry, scheduling action occurred 7/16 or 7/17.

8/24 Projected build week, as indicated by my Ford Customer Care inquiry

9/14 My estimate of delivery (week) to dealership, based on comments seen in this forum

My dealer makes efforts to be helpful when I call, but their information is frequently nonexistent or inaccurate compared with what I obtain on my own.

This time line will make order--delivery just short of 4 *months*, not what was expected.

Since about 7/5 or so, we were being told the vehicle should be manufactured (VIN provided) any day, and at one point we were even told it would be at the dealership before 8/1. There are many "perks" I'd like to have for this car, such as extra keys, additional window tint, vouchers for free or reduced cost periodic maintenance expenses, etc., but my dealer does not seem overly interested in offering such appeasements. (I was looking for items that would benefit me and not cost the dealer much money.)

We were originally enthusiastic about this purchase, but now we are quite disillusioned. I was originally "strongly encouraged" to buy a new vehicle by my wife, and now I'm being strongly encouraged to cancel the order altogether, which I can do at no cost (full refund of down payment.)

This is frustrating. Your thoughts? :shrug:

Disappointing developments --

5/23 2010 MMH order placed

6/16 Order acknowledgement (or may have been 6/8, which was told to me at one point).

7/20 VIN provided through my Ford Customer Care inquiry, scheduling action occurred 7/16 or 7/17.

8/24 Projected build week, as indicated by my Ford Customer Care inquiry

9/14 My estimate of delivery (week) to dealership, based on comments seen in this forum

My dealer makes efforts to be helpful when I call, but their information is frequently nonexistent or inaccurate compared with what I obtain on my own.

This time line will make order--delivery just short of 4 *months*, not what was expected.

Since about 7/5 or so, we were being told the vehicle should be manufactured (VIN provided) any day, and at one point we were even told it would be at the dealership before 8/1. There are many "perks" I'd like to have for this car, such as extra keys, additional window tint, vouchers for free or reduced cost periodic maintenance expenses, etc., but my dealer does not seem overly interested in offering such appeasements. (I was looking for items that would benefit me and not cost the dealer much money.)

We were originally enthusiastic about this purchase, but now we are quite disillusioned. I was originally "strongly encouraged" to buy a new vehicle by my wife, and now I'm being strongly encouraged to cancel the order altogether, which I can do at no cost (full refund of down payment.)

The dealer will have no motivation to give you anything but your money back. The car is a hot car and an easy seller for your dealer. They will take delivery of your order and sell it off the lot to someone else (probably with a greater mark-up because someone can take immediate delivery). Also, this is not your dealer's fault. If production is behind schedule it is only a function of the popularity of the car. I would suggest you wait. You will enjoy it when you get it.

The hybrids must be selling real well, its been almost a month since I left a deposit for mine and no build date, retail order received, VIN, no nothing - every time I talk to my salesman he assures me all is well and ill have a scheduled build date in a few days - I figure one of two things is really going on

a) its been not good news to this point so he is shielding me from the truth

AND OR

b) he lets me stew for another month or two till I'll settle for most anything

The hybrids must be selling real well, its been almost a month since I left a deposit for mine and no build date, retail order received, VIN, no nothing - every time I talk to my salesman he assures me all is well and ill have a scheduled build date in a few days - I figure one of two things is really going on

a) its been not good news to this point so he is shielding me from the truth

AND OR

B) he lets me stew for another month or two till I'll settle for most anything

We ordered on 5/28/09 and were informed on 6/24/09 that our build date was to be 7/6/09. On 7/16/09 we were inform that our MMH was to be shipped on 7/17/09. On 7/20/09 I went to the dealer to drop off documentation they needed for processing the sale. I was then informed that the car wasn’t to be built until 7/23/09. I called Ford to complain and they said sorry but your car’s build date is 7/23/09 and we aren’t the one to give you bad information.

I purchased a new Mustang Cobra II in 1976 and had nothing but problems with the car and the dealership after the sale. I swore I would never purchase another car from them again. Here I am 33 years later wishing I would have paid $250 more and drove 60 miles down I-70 to buy the MMH. Magic Friday and the only thing I see being pulled out of the hat is a string of misinformation.

You placed your order one day after I did, I took delivery on July 1st and have almost 3,000 miles... I would be frustrated too... a co-worker of mine ordered the same day but had to get plan verification, his is built and on a rail car so he is almost there.

It depends where you are located and how many alternatives you have in your area. My local dealer has 5 on the lot, a dealer an hour up the road has 8 on the lot, an hour down the road has 6 on the lot... so if you are anywhere close to VA you can get in a car and be driving one tomorrow, or maybe there are other dealers in your area that have some on the lot?

I haven't been able to find any reliable source of plant downtime (except for comments here). The dealer doesn't know, the Ford Customer Care folks don't know, and I can't seem to find any public documentation about plant downtime.

Where is this data, and how can I get it?

Magic Friday and the only thing I see being pulled out of the hat is a string of misinformation.

This is precisely my trouble. It would be easy (or easier) to wait if I were told "you will wait 6 weeks before you hear anything at all," but being told by a dealer rep. "it is being built now" and then "no, that wasn't correct" the following day when I call back to get a VIN (over three weeks ago) is discouraging, especially when such misinformation is common.

I told one poor Customer Care rep. in frustration two weeks ago, "I know I am in a queue somewhere; all I want to know is where I am in the queue." He said he understands, but can only suggest that my dealer has more tools available then they do at the customer care hot line, since tracking builds is not their primary role.

The goal is timely, accurate information. Failing grades given at this point.

Seems buying a car, and paying MSRP for it (!), is more difficult than it should be, based on the current state of the economy.

but being told by a dealer rep. "it is being built now" and then "no, that wasn't correct"

Seems buying a car, and paying MSRP for it (!), is more difficult than it should be, based on the current state of the economy.

Sounds like a dealer showing why many dealers get a bad reputation, seems they chose to string the customer along and keep the order alive instead of being upfront and letting the chips fall where they may.

If it were me, I'd get my money back and go elsewhere. My dealer will sell a FFH for $1,000 under MSRP and you'd save $1,000 right there and be driving a new car much sooner.

The same run around for Fusion here - really glad FoMoCo is selling lots of them cause I may take my money elsewhere :doh:

The same run around for Fusion here - really glad FoMoCo is selling lots of them cause I may take my money elsewhere :doh:

My brother told me to order one, so that I "could get it built with everything I wanted". So glad that I opted to just buy one of the four FFH's that was already waiting for me, on the lot. Zero waiting time, zero delays, zero headaches. All four of 'em were there a month earlier, too, when I first visited the dealer. Maybe that's why they didn't hesitate at all to accept the X-Plan pricing.

I'm very sorry that you folks are experiencing that crap. At least, taking into consideration the FFH, try and remain patient, because I'm fairly certain that it will be worth the wait. :rockon:

Good luck, hope that you're cruising down the road in your new Fusion, soon!

Anyone other than smr who ordered after 10JUN09 get a VIN number or update? I swung by my dealer today after being out of town for 2 weeks and the sales guy told me they still had no word and then claimed that they do not get any information other than just before it is about to be delivered. I am just passing 6 weeks now from the date I put my order in.

Anyone other than smr who ordered after 10JUN09 get a VIN number or update? I swung by my dealer today after being out of town for 2 weeks and the sales guy told me they still had no word and then claimed that they do not get any information other than just before it is about to be delivered. I am just passing 6 weeks now from the date I put my order in.

The dealer was able to tell me that order was verified a few weeks after order. Then I got a VIN from the dealer. After getting the VIN, I was able to call Ford and get a build date and then approximate delivery date. That was my process. The order was 4/19, Verified 2-3 weeks later, VIN after, Build date 5/26, Delivery to dealer 6/9, deal closed 6/10.

So I've been trying the magic trick of putting my VIN in for a window sticker. And today, it finally came up (not an error). I'm hoping that is good news. We'll see.

The numbers next to Hermosillo end in 07 20 09. Was that the actual build date?

So I've been trying the magic trick of putting my VIN in for a window sticker. And today, it finally came up (not an error). I'm hoping that is good news. We'll see.

The numbers next to Hermosillo end in 07 20 09. Was that the actual build date?

That's it, that's the actual build date. About 2-3 weeks to get it to you.

Purely based off the fact I placed my order at the dealership 7 days prior to you (smr) I am hoping mine is at least in the same stage as yours and that my dealer is just lazy telling me they have no update yet.

just got off the phone with ford CS and apparently my order is still "unscheduled" and "awaiting computer selection to be sent to the plant"... no vin, nothing. Why do I feel like this is going to be way more than 6-9 weeks?