smr2112

It's Magic VIN Friday!

Ok update for my FFH, today (July 28) I went by and paid my salesman a visit. Much to my delight he retrieved a folder with my name on it with a build date of Aug 10 *and* a VIN ! <rant> the salesman never made an effort to contact me with this info and it didn't seem to bother him one bit, I let it go knowing you catch more flies with honey than vinegar </rant> the good news is the ball is rolling & things are progressing.

Ok update for my FFH, today (July 28) I went by and paid my salesman a visit. Much to my delight he retrieved a folder with my name on it with a build date of Aug 10 *and* a VIN ! <rant> the salesman never made an effort to contact me with this info and it didn't seem to bother him one bit, I let it go knowing you catch more flies with honey than vinegar </rant> the good news is the ball is rolling & things are progressing.

I am going to be livid if the ford CS rep was correct that mine is still not showing a build date or vin. I placed my order on the 10th of June and yet I am still without any info. I really hope my dealer did not sit on the order before getting it moving with Ford.

Got my car today! A beautiful Bright Silver Metallic with Light Stone Interior! :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

Ordered June 1st

Delivered to Dealer on July 28th

8 weeks 1 day from order to delivery. 8 weeks, 4 days to pickup.

So far I'm thrilled with the car.....boy there is a lot to learn!

--

Michael Crowder

in North Carolina

Got my car today! A beautiful Bright Silver Metallic with Light Stone Interior! :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet:

Ordered June 1st

Delivered to Dealer on July 28th

8 weeks 1 day from order to delivery. 8 weeks, 4 days to pickup.

So far I'm thrilled with the car.....boy there is a lot to learn!

--

Michael Crowder

in North Carolina

Congratulations, Michael! You're right about the learning experience, but I can attest that it's fun. But be forewarned.......all of that hybrid technology will cause you to make more excuses to hit the street! :hysterical:

Enjoy!

Hello guys, here's my info:

I placed an order on monday, june 29. Called my dealer today and he said it is scheduled to be delivered the week of 8/17, but he has no VIN yet. That would be exactly 8 weeks. But is it possible to have a delivery timeframe and no VIN? It sounds like bullshit to me and just some estimate the dealer cooked up. He said he should have a VIN in about a week. But he also said he'd have a VIN 3 weeks after I ordered it and he never called me.

I placed an order on monday, june 29. Called my dealer today and he said it is scheduled to be delivered the week of 8/17, but he has no VIN yet.

If you look other postings in this thread and in others, you'll see there are instances of buyers being told by their salesmen that "the check is in the mail" and then find out later that it isn't the case. I'm not saying that this is or is not the case with your purchase, but it's sad how many salesmen tend to just tell their customers what they think they want to hear... again, let's hope that is not the case with you. But since I see several other posts about more and more delays and factory downtime for a week here and a week there, I think I would be skeptical until you get an actual VIN and can look that VIN up online yourself and see what the build date is noted as on the sticker. You can use the link below and replace your actual VIN at the end of the URL (once you get it) to see what it says.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L31AR139757

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Nice Michael any pics yet !? After it was delivered and before you picked it up was your car out of sight with a sold no demo (or whatever) sign on it or was the car in the staging area for all to see ?

Hello guys, here's my info:

I placed an order on monday, june 29.

hea skluck I also ordered on June 29 th, at that time the salesman said I would have a build date in a few days which struck me as odd with the 4 th of July holiday right around the corner anyway to make a long story short no build date or VIN for a month then just a few days ago I went by the dealership and low and behold VIN and build date of 08-10 with ETA of 08-31, why he didn't call or e-mail is beyond me, at this point I'm convinced if the place burned to the ground the only way I would know is if I went by ...

We ordered on 5/28/09 and were informed on 6/24/09 that our build date was to be 7/6/09. On 7/16/09 we were inform that our MMH was to be shipped on 7/17/09. On 7/20/09 I went to the dealer to drop off documentation they needed for processing the sale. I was then informed that the car wasn’t to be built until 7/23/09. I called Ford to complain and they said sorry but your car’s build date is 7/23/09 and we aren’t the one to give you bad information.

I purchased a new Mustang Cobra II in 1976 and had nothing but problems with the car and the dealership after the sale. I swore I would never purchase another car from them again. Here I am 33 years later wishing I would have paid $250 more and drove 60 miles down I-70 to buy the MMH. Magic Friday and the only thing I see being pulled out of the hat is a string of misinformation.

7/31/2009 update:

Spoke to our dealer on 7/30/2009. Dealer said that since it appeared that we missed the $4,500 CFC (MMH ordered on May 28th, 9 week wait), he would give us a $4,500 trade in value for our clunker. Since it was Thursday evening I asked if he had received an update on delivery of the car. He said the MMH was scheduled to be built in the third week of August and delivered in the First week of September (Read above Post).

Our salesman had told us in writing that our build date was the July 6th and to be shipped on 7/17. Later we were told by the store manager that build date was to be 7/23 which was confirmed by a call to Ford Customer Service on 7/22.

Now they are telling us that we will have to wait 15 weeks to take delivery. We can wait and take delivery of the car we want and be unhappy with the way we have been treated. We could walk and purchase from another dealer who wants more money and wait even longer for our dream car. If we walk the dealer makes more money because he can sell the car for sticker, he was giving us a good discount and he doesn’t have to give more than the true value for the next customer’s trade-in. We could walk and buy a Camry Hybrid and not get the car we want but pay $2,000 less than the MMH. We are over 50 and have learned that some things are worth waiting for. I hope we live long enough to see the MMH delivered.

why he didn't call or e-mail is beyond me, at this point I'm convinced if the place burned to the ground the only way I would know is if I went by...

...and when the car finally arrives and you go through the delivery process I bet you will be told that they want to build a relationship with you so you will always come back!

About 20 days after delivery I got a survey in the mail from Ford as a "rate your dealer and buying experience", which in my case was great, but that will be your chance to have your say. This is what I did when I bought the Toyota, the stupid finance guy treated me like I was a total dipstick because I turned down his extended warranty... when I did that buying process survey I rated everything as great (as it was) except for the financing section which I rated as POOR and in my comments I stated that the finance rep treated me like I had an eyeball hanging out of my head because I said no to the warranty. Maybe some guys in the process might think that it's funny to have a customer feel so out of sorts, but I betcha there was at least one or two in their process that took special note of it and investigated. I can still picture that arrogant jerk...

I got an update on my FFH ordered on May 30. I now have a VIN. According to the dealer, it's history shows ''PRODUCED" as of yesterday, July 17. Sent to plant July 10, to the 'trim line' July 16. Current status is "Awaiting Shipment", still in Hermosillo... a revised Estimated arrival date is August 3. So, look like 9 weeks from order to delivery (to NC).

Update 7/31/09

Picked up my FFH tonight. So, exactly 9 weeks from order to delivery in NC. I know what I will be doing this weekend!

I've posted some pictures here....

http://www.pbase.com/sonex293/2010ffh

Here's a small shot..

115615281.lVxKaH17.jpg

It was put into a remote part of the dealer's lot, no sold sign that I saw was on it. It had 10 miles on it when I picked it up, which sounds about right since the dealer had to drive it to fill up the tank. I've now got close to 100 miles. Last 50 mile trip I got 40.6mpg according to the onboard computer. Very Cool!

--

Michael

Nice Michael any pics yet !? After it was delivered and before you picked it up was your car out of sight with a sold no demo (or whatever) sign on it or was the car in the staging area for all to see ?

Hello everyone, my wife and I are new to this forum. We just ordered our tuxedo black with stone interior 502 a package FFH on 7/29, the dealership called me on 7/31 and said the order was in the computer. Based on the experiences I have read so far is it safe to assume that we will be waiting around 8-9 weeks for delivery?

We are really excited, this will be our first hybrid vehicle and our first Ford. We debated for months between the FFH and the new third generation Prius. We both felt in the end that the fusion hybrid was just a better overall car for us and our family (we just had our first child, 4 month old baby girl).

Anyway looking forward to hearing about other people's experiences with their FFH.

Daniel

Looks like cars are starting to show up on dealers lots or coming very soon

at pricing level 025 (mine coming this week and pricing level 020). Which I

quickly calculated is about $355 more on the FFH base. Looks like

same price on 502A.

Base is $27,625 vs was $27,270 - this just happened and I assume is based on

order date, not build date.

Here is one with newer pricing. See the 025 under the bar code at bottom.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L31AR188022

Hello everyone, my wife and I are new to this forum. We just ordered our tuxedo black with stone interior 502 a package FFH on 7/29, the dealership called me on 7/31 and said the order was in the computer. Based on the experiences I have read so far is it safe to assume that we will be waiting around 8-9 weeks for delivery?

We are really excited, this will be our first hybrid vehicle and our first Ford. We debated for months between the FFH and the new third generation Prius. We both felt in the end that the fusion hybrid was just a better overall car for us and our family (we just had our first child, 4 month old baby girl).

Anyway looking forward to hearing about other people's experiences with their FFH.

Daniel

My car FINALLY arrived yesterday and I took delivery. 502a, Tuxedo Black and Medium Light Stone interior. Keep in mind, my deposit was placed on May 5. It was August 5 when it hit the dealer lot. That's 12 weeks.

My car FINALLY arrived yesterday and I took delivery. 502a, Tuxedo Black and Medium Light Stone interior. Keep in mind, my deposit was placed on May 5. It was August 5 when it hit the dealer lot. That's 12 weeks.

How do you like the color scheme? I ordered the same but haven't found any pics showing the stone interior with black exterior. I was hopping for more of a tan interior when I ordered but the med stone looked kinda close.

Post some pics :)

Got an "update" from my dealer today. Apparently ford messed up the order somehow and it had to be placed again/confirmed today. Needless to say I was not happy when I heard this especially after they made me feel like I was annoying by stopping in every week to see how it was going when in actuality maybe they could have caught it sooner. Anyway, he said they were going to get it built next week (still confirming if he actually meant BUILT next week vs in the computer for future build). I told him if they couldn't have it by the end of the month I wanted to cancel and will go elsewhere since I am moving in about 2 months anyway most likely to CA. I will get my update again next fri....

I would tell them you are only paying the agreed to price based on the 020 price level in effect at the time you placed the order. :banghead:

There is no question about that. If they even hint at the fact I may have to pay more I will throw a fit. As far as I know I signed a deal for just over 29k and that is what I intend to pay. They were pretty vague about what "ford" actually messed up but I have a hard time believing the order ever went in correctly because even at week 7.5 they could not come up with any other information other than "it is in the computer" when most people have gotten VIN's way earlier than that. Assuming I do get the car in 2-3 weeks, I can not WAIT to fill out the dealer survey.

..what are the odds the dealer IS getting my car and now that car sales are up with this C4C deal they are trying to get more money for it while it is in the lot?

Greetings,

You also might want to consider the implications/benefits of the Cali specific warranty. I believe that the miles/years are a little longer for a CA Hybrid car in regards to Hybrid/battery coverage.

Cheers,

Pacman

Looks like you will pay somewhere around 3k in tax and license in CA OR about $1k for registration into the state (of course you should get a pro-rated refund from your current state)

It pays to be in the military. I switched my residency to FL when I was stationed there and now when I buy a car out of state, so long as I do not enter FL with the car within 6 months of purchase, I do not pay tax and pay I think only 10$ to title it. This was a HUGE thing in my favor when they bargained my price and I "neglected" to mention it until they already came to a deal with me (helped me get them 2k under sticker cause they factored in thinking I was paying about 2k in taxes)

However, the big problem is if I do buy elsewhere there is no guarantee they will go under sticker like I got here, AND I would not get the 1.7k for hybrid tax credit. So, I went to the dealer in person last night and spoke directly to the sales manager. He said for cut my car right in the middle of production (who knows if that is true or why) and as soon as they noticed it (2 days ago) they re ordered & confirmed/verified the order with their rep. He said they are rushing the order through and it will be built next week with a VIN coming in the next couple days. He told me to expect hopefully no more than 3 weeks at this point... we will see