smr2112

It's Magic VIN Friday!

wstcoast moving east ? but to the subject ya got a build date, great ! Your above link won't work correctly until the vehicle is built (correct me if i'm wrong) also the POL in the VIN is P0L (Paul Zero ((the number))Larry not Paul Osker Larry (ya may have it right, I can't tell) clear as mud ?

Actually, I think I am corrected from what I originally said earlier somewhere. That sticker may show up a few days or

even a week before your car is actually built.

My build date was 7/20, the sticker was there on 7/17 - but when I got a computer printout with

my warranty info (called an Oasis report) and vehicle history that Ford keeps, it said built on 7/24.

So I don't know if they do that based on the week end date, or the day it rolls onto the train/truck as the

final build date, not sure what "build date" means any more. But once you see that sticker, it's

getting close to being a real car!

When should your sticker show online after your VIN arrives? I got my VIUN FINALLY from my dealer (told build date of sept7th) but the vin does not pull up a sticker. The link says it is not available:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L36AR211696

My sticker was available on 14 August, but the build date is either 29 August or the week of 31 August, depending on who has the correct story (I'm still getting conflicting information).

My sticker was available on 14 August, but the build date is either 29 August or the week of 31 August, depending on who has the correct story (I'm still getting conflicting information).

Alright, so I shouldnt be worried that my sitcker is not available yet? Dealer gave me a build date of sept 7th... will be glad when this long wait is over (ordered 10JUN09)

Something smells - Did you ask the dealership when they verified the order? Perhaps they didn't even think about it until you began to follow-up. It ain't an order until its verified. That is when the clock starts.

BTW, you need to get and keep a copy of your dated purchase order and DOR if possible, to keep with your tax records. The IRS form is confusing since it asks for the delivery date (that is when you take possession). That date determines the tax year when you can claim the credit. Because you ordered before 9/30, you will claim 50% of the $3,400 credit on the same form.

Watch the forum for more detail after the first of the year.

Wow, you Americans are just lucky. No tax break for owning a Hybrid here in Canada. Oh, and Grey I waited 15 weeks 2 days for my vehicle to arrive direct from Factory.

Since my sticker has not shown yet, I gave FCC a quick call today for a status update and here is what I was told.

"Schedule to date is 14 Sept"

Now, it sounded like the girl was new to the computer system because she could not tell me what "sched to" meant. Do you think it is "scheduled to be built" or "scheduled to be delivered"? I am confused because now all three sources of info I have gotten in the past week have been diff:

21AUG: sales manager tells me that the car is scheduled to be built the first week of September

22AUG: salesman (called me apparently not knowing i spoke with the manager the day before) gave me my VIN and stated it had a build date/week of Sept 7th (2nd week of sept)

28AUG: FCC gives me a "schedule to" date of 14 Sept

confusing hu? I can not wait until this hassle is over.

The one silver liner is that I know even though my sticker is not showing, I have the correct VIN since the FCC was able to pull up my car correctly with it.

Since my sticker has not shown yet, I gave FCC a quick call today for a status update and here is what I was told.

"Schedule to date is 14 Sept"

Now, it sounded like the girl was new to the computer system because she could not tell me what "sched to" meant. Do you think it is "scheduled to be built" or "scheduled to be delivered"? I am confused because now all three sources of info I have gotten in the past week have been diff:

<...>

The one silver liner is that I know even though my sticker is not showing, I have the correct VIN since the FCC was able to pull up my car correctly with it.

Check out this thread:

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1805

It doesn't address your issue directly, but it does contain interesting information about some of the various dates involved.

Glad you have a valid VIN, I'd hope the window sticker would show up within the next week or so, but I have no specific insight into when to really expect it to be available.

I spoke to FCC about my car today, and they couldn't decide if the ETA is 14 Sept or 21 Sept, based on info in their system. At one point, I was told the "manufacture date" was to be 29 Aug, but FCC couldn't find anything indicating that today.

Finally, and unfortunately, I have to claim that you and I are being unreasonable when we expect to get consistent and timely information. Shame on us! Bad customers! Bad! Sit. Stay.

:waiting:

Pretty frustrating getting different answers. Ford production schedules are for the "week of--" starting on a Monday. The plants can readjust scheduling as needed to meet local situations, (might pull ahead a week or fall behind a week) but that is a start. The production date is the date the vehicle comes off the line.

The dealership should be your source of scheduling information, but it seems like some sales personnel don't want to annoy their managers for status every Friday. The CARS program left little time over the past two weeks for managers to chase down build status. You should be able to follow up on Fridays with your sales person.

It is not the job of the customer service phone operators to find vehicle build information for you - but some do try - they are just not always knowledgeable enough to get the best information or intrepret it correctly. So you have to discout that somewhat.

The most accurate information will come from the dealership's online or phone resourses after the Thursday night Ford scheduling updates. And usually that involves a manager or vehicle ordering person to find your order, get the vehicle type and and the dealership assigned order number before they can check it. If you have your DOR, you could save them time by identifying the vehicle and the order #. If you don't have a copy of the DOR, you should try to get one.

Ford attempts to provide information to the dealerships so they can handle these inquiries, but it doesn't always happen as we, as customers, would wish. :shift:

No news from the dealer Friday, surprise, so I called Ford Customer Service. A very friendly lady punched my VIN into the system and informed me that once again our build and delivery dates for our MMH has changed. Without asking she said that she will have a CS Representative who specializes in customer problems call me next Monday or Tuesday. She informed me that the Rep will need a chance to research why an order date of 5/28 has changed from delivery dates of 7/20, then 8/6, followed by 9/7 and now 9/21, sixteen an one half weeks after the order was made.

I ran into the Toyota salesman on the sidelines of a soccer field today. The same one that tried to sell us a Camry Hybrid for $3,000 less than we paid for our MMH. He asked how we liked our new MMH. I didn’t think he was going to stop laughing when I told him the delivery dates keep changing and now we aren’t scheduled to take delivery until late September. When he finally spoke he said “Drive One” it doesn’t sound like Ford can “Build One”. I didn’t find it as funny as he did.

The Window sticker is now showing for my car online. Looks like it built a day or two early.

However, the changes I had the dealer make to the color and options are not showing on

the online sticker - it's my original order and the sticker has my name on it. So I guess that

explains why the dealer never called me when I ask to confirm the changes went through.

Not much I can do about it, the order was not locked at the time. Oh well...

I know he did them, I looked over his shoulder as he typed into the computer.

I assume once that sticker shows online, the car is built as it states. Never the less, should

be here in a few weeks.

How does it show up online. Do you go to a special website and what numbers do you use to bring up your Sticker?

It's been a little over two weeks since I put my deposit down on my FFH. I was told to expect 6-8 weeks, but I wasn't too concerned - I could be patient. But now I'm getting more antsy. It'd help if I new things were progressing. I've only traded a couple of emails with my dealer - seems to early to be bugging them. For now, I'm just reading up, and looking forward to my first ever brand new car.

I've got a VIN number now! No sticker shows up yet, but at least now I know it's in the works.

Kind of surprised no other posts in this thread since September. Maybe the demand isn't quite as high now as it was earlier in the year (clunker program, higher rebates and all).

Finally received my VIN last week. Build date is 12/21/09. Anyone one have any idea how long to build one of these things? Mine is being shipped to Hawaii, so I am guessing that adds an extra 2-3 weeks alone. I am guessing build time to be about 1 week.

Dealer might have cost me some money, I had the order placed and got 025 pricing on the Vehicle Confirmation, but when he finally put the order in the DORA stated 030 pricing, which is about $500 more. They were nice enough to write up an invoice before the end of the year so I receive $1500 state tax credit for a hybrid.

I got the X-Plan, are they allowed to add additional fees to the invoice?

Thanks,

Lance

but when he finally put the order in the DORA stated 030 pricing, which is about $500..

What is "the DORA"? I'm not likely to get mine by the end of the year, so I'm wondering what I can do to get the sales tax deduction. What I've got so far is a one page sales contract (lists price, tax, license and document fee), a "vehicle order confirmation" computer printout, and a receipt for $500 down.

So any other fee added to the invoice other than the $75 documentation fee is not allowed with a X-Plan Purchase? Are they trying to get more money out of me?

These are the prices on the invoice.

Selling Price $29,894.57

Documentation Fee $185.00

DMV Processing Fee $45.00

Licence, License Transfer, Safety Check Title, Registration Fee $200

and Sales Tax