hybridbear

After the PCM software update/recalibration - observations by Hybridbear

I just did the disonnect and am very encouraged. My city mileage has always been decent (low 40s), but my highway is usually mid thirties.

I did a quick test drive after the disconnect and it did seem like the car goes into EV mode easier now at highway speeds and for longer periods. Keep in mind this is one quick test run, so I can't fully draw conclusions.

My clock reset. I lost EV+. i also noticed that the DTE went up to like 495 initially. It was around 400 before.

I did not lose my trip statistics.

Try going fast enough to keep the car out of EV mode on the hwy. I get a solid 42.5-43 when I do that. usually 68 or 69 will keep it out.

I do the opposite. I feel the fact that I can get EV time at speeds between 65-75 mph is the primary reason I have seen a 6+ mpg increase in my average mileage. When I see that I'm still getting 42+ mpg with the battery charging (which I never saw before the update), I don't try to kick it into EV. A trip last night that included going up a very long, steep grade, which in the past yielded 33-34 mpg, got 40.9 mpg.

I agree the ev helping on steep grades and Hills is a plus. You sure when you see ev mode your not on a slight downhill grade?

I thought it might be a good idea to try and systematically track whether or not the hard reset is helping to improve MPG for folks so I started a poll to help track everyone's results: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7532-how-did-battery-hard-reset-affect-your-mpg/

Just came back from the first trip after the 100% SOC reset.

Trip from 100% SOC state hard reset:

14.0 mi.

9.3 EV

1.3 regen

52.9 mpg

0.2 Gal

98% braking

DAMN I wish I could plug it in and start from 100% SOC every day.

Starting at a full charge makes the numbers high for sure. Do you do the same trip on a regular basis? If you do maybe just save a couple of mpg numbers from the same trip for us starting at whatever the car begins at. Let's see what it does at that point.