hybridbear

After the PCM software update/recalibration - observations by Hybridbear

Tesla recently released a video showing their final QA process before cars leave the factory. Since the Model S is electric they can do their testing indoors unlike most manufacturers.

When we picked up our FFH it had 12 miles on it. I wondered why so many when the gas station used by the dealership is their next door neighbor on the same street. When my parents picked up their C-Max Energi it had about 25 miles on it...I remember when test driving a Toyota hybrid while comparison shopping that it had only 2 miles on it before we drove it. And the first FFH that we drove before ordering our car began our test drive with less than 5 miles on the odometer. Since both our FFH and my parents' Energi were special order vehicles they shouldn't have been used for any test drives or anything, yet they still had miles on them...

I picked mine up the same day it arrived to make sure they didn't have time to let someone take it for a test drive. It arrived to the dealer in the afternoon, so all they had time to do was prep it and fill it with gas by the time I got to the dealer after work.

When you special order a car they shouldn't let anyone take it for a drive. The day ours was delivered off the truck there was a major blizzard/ice storm that dumped more than a foot of snow on top of a layer of ice from freezing rain so driving out there to pick it up that day wasn't an option. It arrived at the dealer on a Friday. Even Saturday it wouldn't have been wise to go as the snow continued falling. Thus we waited until Monday evening to pick it up.

My car was a special order for someone else but I think because of the price they used it as the test car for anyone special ordering. They were suprised tho that they didnt have the car sit for over a year. They actually had a 2012 mkz hybrid sitting in the back that stickered around 50k that nobody wanted.

Mine was a " Clearance Special" Order lol. it had 300 miles on it and no one other than me wanted to take it home. It was specially broken in so that I didn't have to go through the pain.

It looks like the hard reset is showing lots of promise of correcting the under performers. Another thing to check on is making sure the 12 volt battery gets properly charged. See: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7521-just-about-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-the-ffh-battery/

I noticed Eddie Sessum did not have the same improvement, but not any worse either, but he is driving a MKZ and not a FFH according to his profile, so aerodynamics, weight, wheels, tires, etc, etc, could be why?

I too drive an MKZ. No better. No worse. Go figure! :cry:

My clock didn't reset unless I just didn't notice a difference it got it back from the gps. I did notice ev+ locations gone, when it first booted up the fuel gauge had a red x for about 5 seconds. My key fob didn't work for the touch entry or the trunk button to close the trunk until I started for about 30seconds than everything began to work again.