hybridbear

After the PCM software update/recalibration - observations by Hybridbear

In ev+ I can floor my car when it's warming up and it will run ev at full power and barely give any ICE assist. I do understand how it keeps it idling but killing my charge than when I leave in the morning refuse to charge for about 1/2 mile and drain the battery to nothing almost. If it's almost dead when I start it will give me gas assist I guess because it doesn't want to completely kill the battery

Drop to L, then back to D. It goes into normal mode then.

My observation, it made driving easier. After driving the Flex last week, I thought I would do poorly today. My brake score did, but 45 and 48 were my trips today.

Here's the best part. I didn't try, it just happened.

EV+, weird, but it kicked on in Harvard on a stretch I seldom ever drive on, and at least a mile and a 1/2 past the dealer.

Going somewhere once a week is not enough to learn EV+. EV+ requires 11 key cycles at a certain location within a certain period of time. Going somewhere once a week for 11 weeks doesn't seem to cut it. We found that even places we go twice a week don't get saved as EV+ but that places you go three times a week or so is good enough for EV+.

I suppose this is so that dealerships don't end up on the EV+ list.

Oh you city slickers! My ICE comes on as soon as I leave my driveway, no matter what the temps are. :) Will be interesting to see how long the ICE runs before going to full EV once temps are under 30*. Think I will get the scangauge moved to the car once I get new grill covers made and installed.