elle

Seeing other 2013 Fusions

The picture showed the license plate, the state and the post even identified what area the car was in the time. The picture (not this one, as it was taken down) is on the internet for ever. Thieves scour the internet looking for license plates to run and they get the owners name, address and other information available through the DMV. I know first hand that this happens. I've known organized theft rings that will find a plate in one state and sent it to the state where their friends are.

Sure a potential thief can see the plate while driving around, why create and avenue for the bad guy where they don't even need to leave their house to get the info?

While this post does have Merit, slight disagreement, only in that if the car posted is not a car owned by the poster, then there is less risk, since who the heck knows whose car that is, and is unrelated to the poster of the vehicle.

However, Always scrub YOUR license plate, as then the above can ring very true as if one were to follow your posts, they have your plate, they know the car belongs to you, they do a little research, find your address, and follow your posts and find, Hey this dude is in Floria for a week! Bingo!

i saw another exactly like mine on my way to work today. It is the first hybrid model I have seen.

Really? Tell that to the guy in Filthydelphia who two weeks ago had his house broken in to and two of his cars stolen. The police found that the registration was run through by the DMV by someone other than the police. Both cars have since been recovered.

Doesn't mean that the plates were posted online. All that means is someone saw the cars, got the tags, and ran them to find out where they were located. Happens all the time, and not necessarily off the internet either. For all we know, they saw one or both of the cars, knew there was a market for them, ran the plates, and staked out the guys place and waited for the right moment to break in.

As far as posting other people plates in a post, yeah, cover up the plates, but even if the plate is shown, it doesn't affect your car, and your information, and that was the point I was trying to make.

Unless the post is about a plate! :) You know, hey check out this guys plate 47MPG

Yesterday I saw a Fusion SE with Connecticut (I don't remember exactly but it was from the North East) plates, here in the Miami Lakes, FL. area.

Not the usual time of the year for snowbirds...

Regards,
APM

Nope just the regular gray with sun coming from the front left but I agree locking at it again I sure looks like it.

I have seen the elusive Ginger Ale a few times not sure if it was the same one each time.

If in CL< it probably is, I have seen the same one 3 times.

When you consider how many cars are out there now, seeing more than 1 or 2 a day for a 10 month long sale of a car, is pretty amazing. When I first got the PPP(Still cant say it) back in 2007, they had been on the road for well over a year or more, don't remember the first year they came out with the GenII. In fact up until a few days before getting one I had never even heard of it, nor can I recall seeing one. For the longest time we never saw one, then they started showing up more and more until now if you don't see more than a dozen in any one trip you aren't paying attention.

So seeing 2 or 3 a day after 10 months, vs seeing maybe one or two a week for one that has been out for a few years, really means something.

Camry OTOH are all over the place, but since the body style has not really changed since 2008 or so, cant tell which are the new ones.

I have seen only 5 2013 MKZs on the road, and 1 on a flatbed being hauled from the dealer here in Texas to Oklahoma. One is in my town, another I saw on base, and 3 in Fort Worth. The three in Fort Worth may be in the junk yard by now. None of them knew what a signal was, and were darting in and out of traffic going 70 MPH!