elle

MPG Happy Talk

I have a 11/31/12 car.

Are you sure about that production date? I think either the month or day is incorrect.

56* today. Took it on a drive using Eco cruise, 95% at 55-60 MPH. I dont know what to believe with this car anymore. I went to the gas station, filled the tank, then drove to Harvard.

Scan Gauge said 41.

216779_524975574211248_1160767929_n.jpg

So I reset the dash, and the SG, and drove it again.

559024_524967760878696_1411115184_n.jpg

I'm confused.

What is odd is the second trip was on less hilly roads than the first one was. The SG showed about 38 on the second trip. This just shows how inconsistent this car is, some times works perfect, other times...... That 51 was a surprise thats for sure. If it did that all the time I would be thrilled! Provided it was accurate of course.

Although, that 51.1 snap shot sure is nice to post on "other" forums who bad mouth Ford every chance they get. :hysterical3:

Although, that 51.1 snap shot sure is nice to post on "other" forums who bad mouth Ford every chance they get. :hysterical3:

The terrain difference of the out-n-back is sometimes pretty noticeable. Went to my Mother-in-Law's for Easter today, 47.9 MPG going there and 63.7 coming back, see below. So Acdii I have the cure for your car, why don't YOU go to my Mother-in-Law's house for me? There's great MPG terrain on the return trip... whadda ya say?

Trip_63_7_20130331_zps822c69fc.jpg

LOL! Oh for some flat roads all down hill both ways for one tank, is it too much to ask for? :)

If this is what I get on a 28* morning, I cant wait until its warmer out, I should be seeing it much higher then! Seems like the more miles I get on the 10, the easier it is to stay above 40. Hmm longterm has jumped up too! Yeah wont be long before its back up to 39 like last summer.

65357_525246474184158_829734099_n.jpg

You know, no matter how hard I try I have YET been able to get 100% brake score! Dayum Hills!

passed 39900 on the clock this morning, and finding it much easier to get the upper echelons of EPA. The Lifetime has shot up this past two weeks too, went from 36.1 to 36.9. Interstate trip yesterday averaged about 42 MPG traveling 65 MPH. Not bad for a car rated at 36 MPG highway. The current MPG went from just above 37 to 38.2 this week. Temps have been under 30* every morning too, so it isnt temp related, but I wonder if maybe the winter gas has been replaced with summer blend. If the other car were able to do this, I would be pleased with it too!

563591_526090884099717_2119122651_n.jpg

I have too many cartoons running through my head. I heard your "WOWEE" in Bullwinkles voice

Men in Tights when the Sheriff is talking with Dom Delouis and the sidekick opens his tunic to reveal all the medals.

screen_image_155770.jpg