elle

MPG Happy Talk

I start out in town going 30 mph for 2 miles, then 50 mph for about 4 miles and then down a country road 30-40 mph the rest of the trip. You could probably call it city driving, but I go faster when I run into traffic. And I EV the battery all the way down and then charge just long enough to lose a couple tenths on my tank average then I EV again. In this warmer weather I can go 35-40 mph on half a charge for like 2 miles.

Add: Drove home tonight, no traffic but buncha red lights, 13.6 miles in 27 minutes, or about an average 30.2 mph, 58° and raining out, 52.4 mpg, tank average 50.7, lifetime 42.0.

I had a feeling it was something like this. If you got that with the country driving like by me, then it would be fantastic Holy crap awesome MPG. Not knocking it in any way, just was curious of the trip that got those numbers.

wow, just, wow. Now if only Cmax would do this, then Toyota really would be shaking! LOL Those are suirP numbers!

Looks like the warmer weather may be MPG flip-flop time for me... for the past 3 months I've gotten about 10% better MPG on the afternoon commute than on the morning commute. However yesterday afternoon ran the AC with temp of 83 and got 48.3 on the way home. My morning commute was normally 45-49 or so when it was in the 40s, however this morning with temp of 64 the morning commute was 53.5 MPG.

Edited by jeff_h

Thats your car telling you, See I can do it too! And you thought they dont talk to each other.