mainesail55

2013 FFH real world fuel economy

I think I have been describing my issue all wrong. The car is OK on Hybrid, its when I get above 63 that it goes downhill. Doing a comparison between the two cars, I can see that the 2.0 is using more fuel doing the same job as the 2.5. The 2.5 is more efficient at 65 MPH than the 2.0. When I go back I will see if I can better explain it so they can contact Ford with this. The ICE is not doing as well as it should above 63 MPH, which has a side affect of lowering overall MPG when in hybrid mode.

I got the service records today and the tests were all run below 62 MPH. That tells me they didn't understand my complaint. Maybe it will make more sense to them then, and add in the fouled plugs, will be able to actually do something.

When I was in Florida with 70+ temps it did not do well at all on the highway, best I saw was 38, using Eco Cruise set to 63 MPH. Above that it dropped down to 32. I did make a city trip of 22 miles and did see 50 MPG doing that, no faster than 50 MPH, few stop lights, etc. so the Hybrid side is fine.

Right now I'm happy with the mileage and I only have 300 miles on the car. I was wondering if anyone has seen an increase in mileage after the break in period.

I have seen a slight increase after it "broke" :) From experience, right about after 10K you will see more consistent MPG with a slight increase of 1-2 MPG. Part is due to having 10k on the tires, and part to everything melding nicely together. All 3 of my other hybrids were just like that.

I have a current mpg of 46.6 was 48.2 b4 weather changed colder

It says your location is Phoenix? Weather changed 'colder'? it is 70 degrees there isn't it?

Please stop posting this stuf... it really makes me pissed off ;)

Ditto!