mainesail55

2013 FFH real world fuel economy

I think the OP means both trips had the same speed mix. I think the weather up there is in the 20's F. These are normal normal hybrid fuel economy numbers for the conditions. Don't worry about it.

That doesn't make much sense. I would expect a big differencein MPG between 55 and 75. The 75 MPH makes sense, but not the 55. Something doesn't seem right.

Mine is the same, almost exactly the same too.

I think the OP means both trips had the same speed mix. I think the weather up there is in the 20's F. These are normal normal hybrid fuel economy numbers for the conditions. Don't worry about it.

My 2010 fusion Hybrid does better than my 2013, irregardless of the temps. Today I drove in 25* weather with the HVAC off, just turned the heated seats on and wore gloves, and only got 34, while my 2010 would be near 38 with the HVAC on.

taken today, on a flat road, wind out of the North, me heading East, temp 25*, HVAC off using Eco Cruise per Ford recommendation.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=480533425322130&set=o.55712353286&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=480532835322189&set=o.55712353286&type=1&theater

I am still debating getting a set of 17" rims and tires to test out my theory with.

Apparently mine does not like anything over 60 MPH as it quickly drops to 30 MPG. Pessimism starting to kick in again. This week plugging the Scangaugeii into the 2010 and driving that this week and compare the two.

Just bought the 2013 ford fusion hybrid last week. I was very worried that I would not get the mpg because of all the discussions of not getting anything close to the sticker mpg. My fusion started out with 19mpg off the lot and is now at 42.2 and cliimbing. I also set a trip and I am getting over 47mpg

My morning is commute is normally the one that gets the lesser MPG, first morning was 31.4, then 35.5, then 40.5... this morning was 47.9 over 60 miles. It was 60 degrees this morning, quite warm for a January morning, so warmer temps are definitely a good thing for this car and the MPG, even more so than with the 2010.

ps - and *49.0* on the PM commute - afternoons MPG are normally slightly better, more downhills I guess.

Edited by jeff_h

:banghead:

You would think in 70* weather I would have seen that when I was in Florida. It is supposed to warm up the rest of the week here upper 20's low 30's so I can compare the 2010 now that I have a scangauge and see what I can get driving it the same way as the other car.

8* here, drove my 2010 37 miles, got 37.5 MPG. Just got back from lunch, it is now 22* and over a 5.3 mile trip, got 55 MPG.

I have one of the 35MPG average cars, with the 18" wheels/Goodyear Eagles & 1800 miles. My drive coaching scores are high.

Early on I set the tire pressure to 44psi, mileage didn't change much, now I'm down to 40psi and the ride is softer and quieter.

Yesterday I was driving a more of less level country road that was rough asphalt, 55F temp outside and under 55mph, I noticed the ICE was only getting 20-30mpg at 50mph.

The car felt like it was going uphill, would not hold EV at any speed of 55mph or below, with Eco Cruise or without, the tires were transmitting a lot of road noise, I got 33mpg for that 18 mile trip - absurd.

On the way home I took a parallel road but it was smooth asphalt, same speeds, same driving technique but the road noise was a lot less, got 38mpg.

These GY Eagles tread design certainly may have something to do with the mpg.

My car had a 'Hard Reset' to the hybrid system at the Dealer last week and it has not improved the overall mileage.

I have not had one trip of 100+ miles where the car got over 38mpg.

It seems that many of these earlier cars are not getting the same mpg as the cars coming off the line now.

Did Ford re-program something? Will they admit they did and have a 'fix' with lawsuits already in place?

Luckily, this car replaced a Ford Expedition so I'm still impressed at the mileage I am getting and the other positives of the vehicle, it's a nice car.

BTW, how do you reset the main overall mileage readout that we see displayed all the time?

What is your build date? Last week of Oct, first week of Nov appears to be when at least 2 cars with issues were built, cars after that seem OK.