mainesail55

2013 FFH real world fuel economy

In test driving a Prius and a Camry Hybrid we found that Toyota brakes to be more grabby, less linear and much less predictable. It was hard to stop smoothly in the Toyota hybrids, that's not an issue with the Fusion. That was one of the points on our list that swayed our decision from the Camry Hybrid to the Fusion

Agreed, I found the same thing during our test drives. My 2010 though when cold doesn't use regen, and those brakes can kick in unexpectedly the first few stops at 25 MPH or less. Its like hitting a wall.

The new Camry is a far better car than it was back in 2009 when we had one. I vowed never to have one again, but I broke it partially by test driving one, and was really surprised at the turn around Toyota made with the car. If the one we had back then was as nice as the one we test drove, we may still have it.

However, the reason I did not trade the Fusion for the Camry this time around, the options in the Fusion just cant be beat unless you go for an Avalon, which is 6-8K more in cost than the Fusion, so hands down the Fusion really is the best bang for the buck.

Dude stop swearing! The car that shall not be named is a swear word around here! LOL