coach81

2013 Hybrid MPG Results

Well since you said you feel drag when you let off the gas, I think there is perhaps a brake dragging or something.

I went to a local Ford dealer here but they couldnt get a mech to check the car. All I really wanted them to do was enter it into Oasis so the miles were recorded.

One other thing I notcied today. With everything off, Climate control, radio, lights, only thing on was the ignition, the battery was showing a discharge. So what could be pulling power from the traction battery?

short trips+ hybrid dont mix well. Once the car warms up though, and if your trips, though short, are consistent one after the other, then it will improve. Keeping my fingers crossed they find the problem with mine. An increase of 5 MPG will make a world of difference in the car and put it right where I believe it should be for the driving I do.

I posted 2 dash pics from today using the Eco Cruise. Pretty crappy mileage for a car rated at 47/47/47, especially considering a car rated at 41/36/39 can beat it.

I would post them here, but they are too big.

http://www.facebook.com/fordfusion

Something else I noticed, I have had my 2010 since September 2011, and filled it 65 times, but only had the 13 for 4 weeks and filled it 14 times already, damn it has a small tank.

Edited by acdii

I did a head to head between my 2010 which gets EPA, vs my 2013 which gets nowhere near EPA.

Short results,

33.7 and 34.9 to and from

33.5 and 36.4 to and from.

Started a thread with the details under the hybrid forum.

What tires does your have? No matter what I try, and I have been doing it a long time now, I have yet to see 40 MPG. With the cold temps you see, and the fact you have the heater on, getting 40 sounds pretty good. One other thing, compare your trip gallons used to actual and see how close they are.

Just seems pretty odd that nearly 5000 miles now and it gets just about the same as my 2010 Hybrid does. Quite a gap between 39 Combined and 47 combined, yet the older one does better. :drop:

My driving is roughly the same, though highway for me is rural roads posted at 55. About the same amount of miles though, 42 when the kids aren't in school, 37 when they are. Drove my 2010 today, and it needs new tires, and havent checked the pressure in them in months, before the cold came in, and I still got 37+ this morning. Yesterday in the new car, 38.8 was about it.

Would be nice if I can find rims that would fit both cars so I can get some 17" Michelins to try out on the new one before putting them on the old one.