coach81

2013 Hybrid MPG Results

LOL Thanks, I think there is more fun in the building than in the flying, but when you take off a plane you built for the first time, fly the pattern and land it, its a great feeling! Still trying to figure out the best way to transport these in the Fusion. If you notice next to the drill press, those are my two flight boxes, one for gas, one for glow, and what you cant see is my repair box and parts box, all 4 of those go with me too, so have to fit those and at least 2 planes in on my Tuesday Excursions.

My Gasser gets great gas mileage too, I can fly for about 30 minutes on 14 ounces of gas. I get about 15 on glow in the smaller plane on 10 ounces, so going gas has its advantages, but needs a larger plane.

I see you've finally moved back on topic of MPG results. aviateurfou_zps8d8d4ddb.gif

Yeah, thought I would sneak that in so it was kinda sorta on topic. ;)

Sounds like you did well in it! That ACC is great on the highways. My last trip last night in mine was with ACC most of the way, including through Crystal Lake. Love it!

This sounds like it belongs in MPG Happy Talk! :)

Indeed! Anything over 40 in these is happy miles! Anything over 50 is Shut the front door, Really!

Those are great numbers. The sweet spot appears to be right about there from what I read on the Cmax forum. There was a nice thread over there where someone discovered how to get the sweet spot. I know my 10 has a sweet spot, I can occasionally find it, somewhere around 60 that I can feather the throttle and cruise with barely any gas, and the instant hovering right around 50. Usually traffic doesnt cooperate, so I dont get to do it often and only on fairly level roads.