FordFan99

Sync Updates

Got our FFH in August and LOVE it. I wanted to download the Sync Traffic, Directions and Information. I could not get it to download to the zip drive. Live chatted with a Sync representative and was told that my computer's browser was too new and to get on an older machine to complete the updates. Has anyone had a problem doing these updates? I did a Vehicle Health Report and that worked. They told me I could go to my dealer and they would do it free of charge. I don't live near the dealer and wanted to avoid that if possible.

Also, this may be a dumb question but when you play a CD is there a way to get the track names to come up? With all of the things this car does, I figured it would do that automatically. Or maybe my expectations are too high. lol

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ford Fan,

I have the Nav system. When I've got the map on full screen and a CD is playing, I can touch the screen in in the bottom right where the track number and time is displayed and change to track number and track title. I haven't done anything to update Sync yet.

Good luck,

Kim

...but when you play a CD is there a way to get the track names to come up? With all of the things this car does, I figured it would do that automatically. Or maybe my expectations are too high...

Normal music CDs will not display the names of songs, artist names, etc., if that is what you mean by track names. But, songs recorded as MP*, etc. will display these.

Normal music CDs will not display the names of songs, artist names, etc., if that is what you mean by track names. But, songs recorded as MP*, etc. will display these.

Then how come the 3 CD's that are boughten ones a number of years old after recording them to Jukebox display the song name and artist on my Nav. display? It shocked me cause when playing in the DVD player in the Hybrid it shows nothing like you said.

Then how come the 3 CD's that are boughten ones a number of years old after recording them to Jukebox display the song name and artist on my Nav. display? It shocked me cause when playing in the DVD player in the Hybrid it shows nothing like you said.

Can't answer that. NORMAL music CDs, do not have that information at all. This stuff is called "metadata". Do a look up in google. Ah heck, I'll do it for you. I used "displaying music name with music CD". Here's a message I found at the Lexus site:

http://my.is/forums/5924943-post5.html

Did you just say "boughten"? :redcard:

Not sure where DavidM is located, but "boughten" is formal English out here in East Texas. Admittedly, we don't speak the King's English here. :shift:

You mean like - I boughted a happy meal and I eated it on the way home? :headspin:

NO - no - no

Even we over here are more civilized than that. I mean, we drive Fords, Chevys, and International Harvestor 4-wheel dirve pickups out here, for crying out loud! We would never use "bought" as a root for such a word as "boughted". Goodness!

"Boughten" is always used as an adjective. A happy meal that is boughten came from McDonald's. A happy meal not boughten is probably old-fashioned--hand pattied, grilled at home over a mesquite grill, with fries cooked in pig lard. No way a boughten meal could live up to those standards.

But, truthfully and happily, I can say that my Ford Fusion Hybrid was a boughten car, manufactured in North America, from a company that took no bail outs from tax payers and appears to be on its way toward positive cash flow. Amen!

Not to break up the fight or anything... :finger: but does any one else find it annoying that you cant view a list of the currently queued up music? or add multiple artists to a queue? I know you can create a playlist for your music but would be nice to do it on the fly like you can on windows media player... kinda like a "add to now playing playlist" button when you click on an artist

This is of course for the nav equipped systems

Ok I didn't mean to say boughten but since everyone has commented I googled it and here it is.

boughten

One entry found.

Ads by Google

Free Definitions

The Quickest & Easiest Way To Look Up Definitions. Search On.

www.Google.com/Dictionary

Main Entry: bought·en

Pronunciation: \ˈbȯ-tən\

Function: adjective

Etymology: bought + -en (as in forgotten)

Date: 1738

chiefly dialect : bought <the only boughten carpet in the region — H. W. Thompson>

or my old forgotten CD's

but what do you expect with trying to get the grandkids to bed between reading messages etc. Please forgive me for this ungodly act. :banghead:

Here's a Sync newby question......

Are Sync units the same for all FoMoCo vehicles? Other than user interfaces are the programming and capabilities identical?

Is Sync de-contented for lower cost vehicles?

Thanks!

From what I can tell the hardware is pretty much the same but they change the firmware to de-feature the units. For instance they remove the multi-band EQ in the FFH and only allow bass and treble. This is just a UI change - there is no reason the FFH doesn't have a multi-band EQ other than to say that the higher-end audio units have more features.

Jon

Here's a Sync newby question......

Are Sync units the same for all FoMoCo vehicles? Other than user interfaces are the programming and capabilities identical?

Is Sync de-contented for lower cost vehicles?

Thanks!

From what I can tell the hardware is pretty much the same but they change the firmware to de-feature the units. For instance they remove the multi-band EQ in the FFH and only allow bass and treble. This is just a UI change - there is no reason the FFH doesn't have a multi-band EQ other than to say that the higher-end audio units have more features.

Jon

Thanks Jon! I was wondering why the upgraded Sony sound package offers little in the way of sound customization. Your example of the multi-band EQ answers the question and sadly demonstrates

marketing stratification!

Got our FFH in August and LOVE it. I wanted to download the Sync Traffic, Directions and Information. I could not get it to download to the zip drive. Live chatted with a Sync representative and was told that my computer's browser was too new and to get on an older machine to complete the updates. Has anyone had a problem doing these updates? I did a Vehicle Health Report and that worked. They told me I could go to my dealer and they would do it free of charge. I don't live near the dealer and wanted to avoid that if possible.

Also, this may be a dumb question but when you play a CD is there a way to get the track names to come up? With all of the things this car does, I figured it would do that automatically. Or maybe my expectations are too high. lol

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

No one seemed to answer your question. I'm assuming that you updated your browser to Internet Explorer 8 because I had this problem too. The workaround is easy: In the toolbar at the top of IE8 next to the "Refresh" button on the address bar there is an icon that looks like a broken piece of blue paper with a horizontal zig-zag in it. When you click it it makes IE8 emulate older IE versions and your downloads will work just fine. It's called "Compatability View". Give this a try. Interestingly, SYNC is a Microsoft product - one would think that their website would be compatable with their new browser.

Can't answer that. NORMAL music CDs, do not have that information at all. This stuff is called "metadata". Do a look up in google. Ah heck, I'll do it for you. I used "displaying music name with music CD". Here's a message I found at the Lexus site:

http://my.is/forums/5924943-post5.html

It may be different than the NAV system, but the sync/6 CD/MP3/Sat/AM/FM setup in my 09 recognizes CD artists/track names/genre, etc. I buy newer stuff via iTunes for my iPod/sync, but I have some older CD's (Hair Metal like Priest, Triumph, Scorpions, etc) in my player and it lists it all. they are factory CD's, and not burned copies.

Give this a try. Interestingly, SYNC is a Microsoft product - one would think that their website would be compatable with their new browser.

There is the problem...you used the words "Microsoft" and "think" in the same sentence :redcard: lol

Have you tried using a different browser such as Firefox? Maybe that could help, but IE should emulate older versions like stated before.