Newlist

What is your current MPG

You don't have to drive slow during the "break-in" period which is essentially non-existent now.

Well damn, and here I was extra happy with 48.5 MPG 100% brake score at 45* temps.

Can anyone tell me what mileage is being calculated in the empower screen. It's not a trip mileage and it's not a lifetime.

It is the MPG since you last reset it and it is independent of the Trip 1 and Trip 2 MPG readings. Hold the steering wheel button down to reset it. I typically use Trip 1 to monitor my MPG for each tank of gas (reset it each time I fill up). I typically use Trip 2 to monitor a long cross country road trip. I commonly reset the Empower MPG display at the start of each day so that I can monitor a days worth of errands.

Note that the this "empower mileage" is is tied to both the empower and engage displays (it is the same for both).

I commonly reset the Empower MPG display at the start of each day so that I can monitor a days worth of errands.

Note that the this "empower mileage" is is tied to both the empower and engage displays (it is the same for both).

The manual actually refers to this Avg MPG display as "lifetime average fuel economy," and it is also available on the Inform and Enlighten screens, as well. Not that you can't reset it daily, but I don't think Ford intended for it to be used that way. Generally, I think that's what the trip meters are for. I chose to reset mine only once, in the first day or two of ownership, so it really does reflect my lifetime (driving) fuel economy (fuel used during remote start operation is excluded).

The manual actually refers to this Avg MPG display as "lifetime average fuel economy," and it is also available on the Inform and Enlighten screens, as well. Not that you can't reset it daily, but I don't think Ford intended for it to be used that way. Generally, I think that's what the trip meters are for. I chose to reset mine only once, in the first day or two of ownership, so it really does reflect my lifetime (driving) fuel economy (fuel used during remote start operation is excluded).

I think some of this changed starting with the 2015s. Starting with the 2015 there is no longer an Inform or Enlighten display (there is only the engage, impower, myview and the two trip displays). Also on the 2015s there is no longer a "lifetime" concept for anything and no documentation about it in the owners manual.

In the 2015 owner's manual it is referred to as "average fuel economy":

Common Displays

Both Average fuel economy and an instantaneous fuel economy gauge are included in Engage, Empower and MyView (if selected) on the left-hand information display. They are also included in Fuel History on the right-hand information display.

Average Fuel Economy

Average Fuel Economy is continuously averaged since the last reset. You can reset your average fuel economy by pressing and holding the OK button on the corresponding steering wheel controls. For Energi vehicles both Hybrid and Plug-in Power mode operation will be included in the calculation.

Interesting. Yes, I seem to recall reading about that before. Sorry to add confusion. I do remember them also taking away the lifetime display that appears after I shut down my cars.

Wow, that sounds awesome. Please give some tips on how to drive our new 2013 SE (to us) home from the dealer.

Congrats on the "new" car! #1 tip is to drive gently - easy on the accelerator and the brakes. If you don't already, consider the right lane on the highway. If you're always worried about getting places on time, leave earlier and drive more relaxed. It's a comfortable ride - enjoy it!

Sorry, had to post this one, because it was ridiculous...

75.2 MPG for a distance of 24.3 miles is not ridiculous, that is GREAT!!! (as Tony the Tiger would say)