heloski

cracking noise

Just an FYI on TSB 13-5-24 - the parts appear to be rapidly showing up now, if you are waiting on the

parts or get a call or are about to go get this fixed, make sure and ask that they have all 4 of the TSB

parts. My dealer is still waiting on the 1 of the 4 as they appear to be trickling in.

This may save you the headache of getting to the dealer and finding out, 1 of the pieces still hasn't

come in yet.

Also, I am not sure if I have the problem on both sides, but ask that they get 2 sets of the parts so

as to save me the problem of having to go back for this.

Purchased a FFH Ti in May, 5500 miles, and yesterday heard the loud a** bang/clang noise for the first time in reverse. Happens in ICE and EV mode, only in reverse so far. Makes it even if I hear it, stop, put in drive, the back in reverse then it bang/clangs again.

Obviously mine was made after the TSB date of 4/14/13...anyone have this happend and what did Ford say? Debating on taking it tomorrow or next week when I'm back in town.

That doesn't sound the same, as the TSB covered a clicking sound which sounded a lot like the bouncing of a ping-pong ball on a table... which most would not describe as 'loud a** bang/clang' so maybe you have something else that occurred? Probably a good idea to make a dealer visit.

If you read MY post #390 you'll see where I said We are getting Worse Gas Milage than before the updated Software, That's NOT TRUE. I found out my wife has been Lead footing it, just to keep up with the Traffic flow on I-95 on her way to work.

Sounds familiar -- when I drive may car I normally average around 50MPG, but when my wife drives it that's when something apparently goes wrong with the car (can't be Leadfoot Lucy) and it only gets about 35MPG (and she says she is trying to get good MPG too).