heloski

cracking noise

I printed up the TSB and went to a dealer (not my dealer) and asked for parts to be ordered. I was told this was not a safety issue and they could not order parts until I, and the shop, verified there was a problem.

I have not heard the noise yet, but it bothers me that I have to wait until there is an actual problem to get this fixed. Either there is a design problem or there is not. My car falls within the dates that the TSB applies to.

You sure you didn't hear it? Roll down your windows and try again. I could have sworn I heard a ping pong ball drop or something. :victory:

You sure you didn't hear it? Roll down your windows and try again. I could have sworn I heard a ping pong ball drop or something. :victory:

Come to think of it, Me too, all the way over here!

Others have said they can't really hear it easily, and I am in that boat. Not

sure if I have the issue or not, but I did hear what sounds like there is a stone

in the tire - almost a light "click,click" noise. Have to check to see that I

do/don't have a stone wdged in the tire tread.

I can only hear it if I turn off the radio, open the driver window and stick

my head out part way out the window. For those who are certain they

have the issue, does this accurately describe it?

Mine just started, I am at 1100 miles and I just noticed. Would not

call it a ping-pong ball sound (how strange!), and could only hear

it next to a wall to reflect the sounds - so may just be starting.

I'll have the dealer check it anyway.

Edited by smr2112

Others have said they can't really hear it easily, and I am in that boat. Not

sure if I have the issue or not, but I did hear what sounds like there is a stone

in the tire - almost a light "click,click" noise. Have to check to see that I

do/don't have a stone wdged in the tire tread.

I can only hear it if I turn off the radio, open the driver window and stick

my head out part way out the window. For those who are certain they

have the issue, does this accurately describe it?

As I said elsewhere and I've heard it described, think a ping pong ball being dropped. That noise.

If we are talking about the same black trapazoidal piece, it's a piece of inset plastic that is directly behind the triangle

window. Between it and the regular window - about 1.5-2" wide, 5" tall.

It pops out part of the way, I push it back in flush and it's fine for a while. I am taking my car in on

Saturday for this and the cracking TSB.

Is there anything I can tell them about the re-engineered piece, is there anything specific, or TSB

I can point to? Likely that piece will be fine when I go in and they'll do nothing without pointing at

the TSB like for the cracking.

I have a 2013 Fusion Hybrid which I purchased just before Christmas. Around the 4k I began hearing this same noise and took it in to my local dealer here in Houston. I had no idea how long this process would take. I've taken my fusion in 4 times since April as the dealer tried replacing different parts to fix the problem with obviously no luck before I found the TSB on here back in mid-may and provided it to them. Since about May 20th, the expected date of the washers arriving has been 2 days...6 days...2 weeks...1 month. Finally, last week they notified me that they have them. I took my car in on Wednesday for what they explained should only take an hour or so to replace, and here I am on Sunday with my car still in the shop. They explained that they ordered the incorrect washers and the correct ones will be here Monday. At this point, I don't know what to think. But I do know that I'm tired of driving this Focus rental and can't wait to get back in my Fusion...ping-pong/crack noise free!

Thanks everyone for posting their updates. If I hadn't found the TSB on here, I'd probably still be waiting around for the dealer to figure it out.

I am a new member to this forum. Just signed up today. I just took my 2013 FFH to the dealer on July 2nd to have a list of things repaired, and one of the things being a ping pong noise. It's funny that I called it a ping pong noise not knowing that first there was a forum and others called it the same thing. At first I got the "we can replicate it" from the service center and then I asked them "did you test drive the car, because I can replicate it in one minute of driving". I took them on the test drive and because I insisted they actually did some research and found the TSB. They ordered the parts but as many of you have found the parts are in back order. They could not give me a date as to when they would come in. I wish I would of found this forum before but regardless the TSB was found. I have other issues with my car that I will be posting in a different thread to see if others are having the same problems. Thanks for all of the good information so far.

Hello all,

I've attached the sound of my FFH pulling out of my garage and popping. It's pretty loud and I can hear it even over the radio.

-Harbor

In the background I hear that winding noise along with the ping pong noise is that winding noise normal for a hybrid?