Fynack

2013 Ford Fusion MPG Challenge

To all that are claiming fantastic MPG im offering $100 to your paypal account if you can provide video of achieving 47mpg or greater.

You must start with a cold engine from where ever you are.

You must drive 35mph for 5 minutes

You must maintain the speed or use cruise control

You must repeat the same path in the opposite direction

You must drive 45mph for 5 minutes

You must drive 55mph for 5 minutes

Then provide your mpg number

For 30 minutes of work youll make a 100 bucks

Does that have to be steady speed only, not like normal driving? No stops in there?

I had 4 trips today - morning 60 miles @ 47.9 MPG (temp about 40), afternoon 60 miles @ 50.2 MPG (temp 48), evening 16 miles @ 52.0 MPG (temp 45), evening 16 miles @ 49.2 MPG (temp 44). They didn't follow your above protocol, were just regular driving. Making a trip to Richmond on Friday and getting gas on the way back when there will be about 550 miles for the tank, anxious to see how the tank turned out as the display appears to be about 1-2MPG optimistic, but that was exactly the way the Prius and the 2010 FFH were also.

The problem is, only a handful of Fusion owners are having a major issue, while a good amount here are doing just fine. Those who arent having problems just dont get the exasperation those of us who are having these issues are going through. If this was my first Hybrid it could be understandable why its poor, however, this is my fourth, and all the previous ones were easy to get EPA and above.

My only hope at this point is that they actually are working on a fix behind the scenes and a PCM update will correct what ever is causing the car not to get its expected Fuel economy. Just need to be patient at this point since I have exhausted all other means of resolution.

I think it's a combination of things. I feel bad for you, and yeah, even for Fynack, but I also spent many months waiting to get my own Fusion and, now that it's here, I want to enjoy it. My mileage is also not stellar, though not as bad as yours, so it's a bit of a sense of guilty pleasure to be enjoying my ride while some others are not having such a grand time of it.

I do agree that there are lemons out there and that the owners of those cars are going to feel pretty crappy. Mine is not quite the lemon, but it's not quite the peach, either. I'm trying to stay on the bright side and enjoy what I have, but that doesn't mean I don't believe you are having a bad experience with yours. It's just that I'm not sure what I can do to help you.

Thank you Elle, hope I dont get out of line any more.

Its jealousy you know! :) Damn you and your good running cars! :) LOL

It's currently 60. Should warm up later in the day to about 80.

I experience a noticeable difference between temps around 30 and 60, when the weather is milder the system seems far more likely to go to EV sooner and more often...don't know if the HVAC is a factor, behavior difference if the Li-Ion HV battery is colder or warmer, or what else it might be... but I sure am hoping that those who are getting sub-par MPG in the cold weather also see a bit of a behavior difference when their weather warms up a bit.

I'm fingering my crossed that holds up. Hoping that the time I was down in Florida when it was warm was due to not being broken in and not just broke.