Fynack

2013 Ford Fusion MPG Challenge

Not very smart are they, unless you plan to have an Excursion land on TOP of you instead of ram you.

What is that clicking noise that starts at about the 6:14 mark of the video and continues for quite a while? It almost sounds like a typewriter in the background.

Good question, I just went back and listened to it... I have never heard anything like that in my car.

His teeth chattering because he turned the heat off! :rockon:

In Arizona?

Good point. One thing for sure, driving a Hybrid helps you get the most out of a non Hybrid. When I road tested an MKT last month, I took it on an interstate jaunt that ended with 35 MPH city traffic on the return. I got 23 MPG in that 360 HP Twin Turbo charged beast. That exceeded the highway EPA of that particular model. That was a really nice car that got exceptionally good MPG.

OTOH driving the Flex, which is the same vehicle, I have been known to get -12 MPG in it :shift: :headspin: While also getting 27 highway in it. All depends on your right foot.

Does this mean you made the trip in Reverse ?

No LOL 1/4 mile in 14 seconds flat. yeah it would move out under full throttle but so would the gas gauge.