jeff_h

Oil Change Info for 2013+ Hybrid/Energi

Nasty storm heading your way. Lightning hit the field across the road from me, house is still shaking from the BOOM.

Opened the hoods of my 13 and my wife's new 14 in the garage this morning and noticed her engine oil cap reads, 0W20, while mine reads, 5W20. So, they've evidently updated the cap on the 14. Wonder what the 15s call for?

I think this was debated earlier in this same thread, and the below was noted in Ford's system to provide info to dealers:

SSM 44509 - 2013 - 2014 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi - Oil Viscosity Specification For 2014 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi, SAE 0W-20 is the initial fill oiland the recommended service oil. The oil viscosity recommendation of SAE 5W-20 on the oil fill caps on some 2014 Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi vehicles may appear to conflict with the owner guide and other service publications which recommend SAE 0W-20 oil. Both SAE 0W-20 oil and SAE 5W-20 oil are approved for use in these vehicles. 2013 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi can also be serviced with either SAE 0W-20 oil and SAE 5W-20 oil.

In that case I would say before service, Don't touch the tires or I wont pay for it.

My butt makes a good tire pressure gauge too. I can tell when the tires or tires is a few pounds low by how the car feels in the seat. Can only do that in the Fusion though since I drive it every day. Before I replaced the tires, I had a slow leaker, and knew when the TPMS light would come on before it did. I also knew which tire it was even though they all looked the same. This Fusion is the only car I could do this with too, it is that sensitive to the road.