Fastronaut

The Scoop on JOB2 Start Date for 2013 - Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi

A few years ago I had a car shipped from Germany and I was there when it was unloaded. It was in a shipping container.

Germany might only because they dont really have a sea side port like Japan and Korea, which were the ones I was thinking of. This is what is usually used to transport cars overseas, if you look there is a ramp in the stern, and one in the middle.

carrierx-large.jpg

Edited by acdii

Germany actually has two large sea ports for car shipments; Bremerhaven & Emden.

Cars are transported via rail there and then loaded on to a car transport ship like acdii said and shows in the picture above.

If you import/export cars as individual or in smaller units then they are placed into a regular shipping container sometimes even 4 at the time; depending on car size.

Hmmm, I forgot they had sea access, but then thinking back, they must have for the Bismark and uboats. Doh. I was also thinking the same thing, special shipments would come in a container.