Fastronaut

The Scoop on JOB2 Start Date for 2013 - Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi

Oh auto stop, I see. Maybe in a year or two. We already have collision avoidance, but that uses radar, not the camera.

A lot depends on your dealers allocation. If they have a bunch of Fusion on the lot, they will be low on the allocation list, but if only a couple, then chances are good yours will be higher on the list when they roll through the assignments. Although I havent heard if Ruby Red has been taken off commodity hold yet.

Since my dealer has 9 Fusions sitting on his lot, chances for my order being sent through anytime soon are slim to none. Its a good chance that it would be 12-14 weeks on mine, if not longer, unless by some miracle they have a fire sale and sell off all 9 in a week. I should hear back later today if I stick with the HyTi or will be driving something else instead, put an inquiry on what a new Flex would run, and got an answer I like, so they are going to process the financing with Ford and see if it goes through. If it does then the current 13 FFH will be replaced by a Flex instead. Would be nice if they let the order go through on the HyTi though,pretty sure it would sell quickly too. I would at least like the chance to take it for a spin once.

Assuming that the car was truely built last week, what may have delayed ETIS car built status could have had something to do with my car being chosen for an audit evaluation (sample audit documented by someone else on this site earlier) - in other words, cars aren't statused as "built" until after inspection and, following audit completion, my car was statused as built. As my dealer has informed me, the car was put into the shipping container today. This boils down to progress I suppose.

I am not so sure about the above info, using my build as a reference. I got a cyberdman update on Dec 11th of 'in production - trim line' with status date of Dec 10th and then I checked Etis each day and on Dec 12th saw that Etis populated the build date of Dec 11th. Then on Dec 18th I asked for another cyberdman update and the status was 'Awaiting Shipment - Re-Released - Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Dec-15-2012, 00:00 EST.' which tells me OK I guess they found some issue that needed tweaking and that was completed on Dec 15th. However the build date in Etis still shows Dec 11th, and I expect it will match the date in OASIS for the Production Date when I do take it for service since I checked my other Ford VINs between Etis and the work orders from the service dept and the dates match. So this leads be to believe that the date shown in Etis is correct for the build and the date of Mar 25th on yours is when the VIN was sent to production? If the dealer claims to have the inside info then he/she should be able to produce a historical vehicle visibility report that shows the full status and date/time of each step, right? I am an authority of nothing but tend to think that the VVR would have the correct info, wouldn't it?

My car is here! I took some pics this morning and hoping to pick it up this afternoon :)

Well? Where the hell are they!!!!!!! :) Take some good ones so I can save them in my almost had folder!

Placed into a shipping container? They are driven onto the 3 deck rail car.

Yes and here they are loading Acdii's new order on the bottom level....

That's what they do for a living. But there are some "damaged in transport" cases.

And this is why Fastronaut is on order #2

Too big to attach to posts here :-p The sun was really bright so they're not that great. I'll take more with the 60D when I take delivery :)

If you have Facebook, just post them there as private, then copy the URL and post it here. Thats what I do, and not worry about size limits! :)

Thats Nutz! Actually cars going overseas dont go in shipping containers either, they are transported in huge car carriers which are nothing more than huge indoor parking lots with tie downs.

However, the rail car can technically be called the shipping container, since they are enclosed. :)