Ric

Daytime Running lights?

Question here, have you checked with a Lincoln dealer? The mkz has a drl option on the window stickers and they may know where it is.

Good luck, & I mean that sincerely. I've wasted hours & driven at least 100 miles to various dealers around Columbus OH. None of them can figure out how to enable my DRLs, & they all eventually spout the Ford corporate line: "DRLs cannot be enabled on your vehicle." I'm at the epicenter of incompetence in the Ford world.

If anyone has a clue about why this task is so drop-dead easy for many Ford dealers & impossible for others, I'd certainly appreciate hearing it. Around here, I'd have better luck asking these dillrods to stand on their heads while juggling chainsaws.

If you are ever in Chicago, give me a PM and I can set you up with my dealer who can do it without any issues.

Just got my DRL turned on for my '14 FFH Titanium. Was having my HD radio fixed and asked them to turn it on. The service tech looked at me and said he didn't think my car had them. I handed him a print out of where they were in the system from one of the other posts.

Anyways when I got my car an hour later they HD radio was fixed and the DRL were on.

Hi, everyone.

I'm looking into this now to see what, if anything, we can do about the varying responses you've been getting from your dealers. Hang tight for a bit while I investigate. :detective:

Ashley

Hi everyone,

So, tonight I get to be the bearer of bad news. :(

I'm unable to get involved in the DRL issue because they are only supposed to be activated for those who have ordered cars through fleet sales. Technically, your dealers aren't supposed to be activating them for you. I definitely can't stop you from telling one another where to go or how to do it, but I'm not able to facilitate any of it. I've made it very clear that this is something you guys want changed, so we'll just have to see what happens down the road.

Ashley

State Law, Headlights must be on when raining and in Fog. Well, if you have automatic headlights, you dont even think about turning them on, and if the rain isnt enough to trigger the wipers, the headlights wont go on. You would think that Ford would welcome the fact that owners WANT something like this, and not have it forced upon them by Congress.

I never even thought about that. I should do the same, see if I can get it reduced.

Talking about DRL's and the laws. DRL's are NOT enough for the lights in the rain law. The rear lights on the car dont come on therefor it doesnt help on that one.

Does anybody here remember the whole GM lawsuit in the late 90s over the DRL's? They lost a ton of money on a couple of wreaks that involved the person driving at night with just DRL's and no taillights. Im sure there is many more issues that were caused by this with tickets but it didnt get much attention in the media.