Ric

Daytime Running lights?

"I agree that DRLs are helpful in these situations, but if it's really that dark then shouldn't people have their headlights on?"

The beauty of the fully automatic sensors and setting that adjusts for you. Gotta love it. :)

... I think you've been on our forum long enough to realize how thoughtful and measured our members are. Issues are carefully evaluated here and there are hundreds of readers for every single poster. We don't ask for your support lightly, and we value all the inside info you bring to the table. However your last official post exposes Ford to a dilemma: is it official Ford policy to turn off life saving safety equipment even if owners expressly want to turn DRL on?

I request that Ford update all dealer software to allow owners the choice of this critical safety device that already exists on their car. Please elevate my request, and post the response on this forum as to why Ford has this policy. I look forward to a change in policy soon.

kbailey990,

I've exhausted all of my resources on this subject and there is nothing more I can do, other than document your feedback. If you'd like me to do so, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll enter it into the system, where it can be reviewed by those responsible for product feedback.

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

PM sent with vehicle details.

Thanks again for offering to help elevate this question.

Ashley,

I've sent you a PM, too. Please don't take the scathing remarks personally.

kbailey990 and milleron,

I got both of your PMs and replied!

Ashley

Please also submit this "product feedback" on my behalf as well. Please PM me if you're missing any of that info. Thank you.

Will do, hybridbear.

Ashley

Me too! Let me know if you need my info Ashley.

I'll send you a PM if I need anything else, corncobs.

Ashley

Well just made a stop at my dealer on the way home to show off my new DRLs.

He almost couldn't believe what he saw but the reflection in the window didn't lie. "DRLs there they are, I can't believe it".

He wanted to call his technican to take a look but they were already gone for the day. When he got out of my car he said I was going to call acdii's dealer right away to ask how they did it. :)

Wow, And they are EV certified! Makes me cringe. Whats even more funny is, WE know how to turn them on! We just lack the computer interface to do so.

I wonder.... Is there a way to find out if a dealer is "fleet certified" and would they have the necessary software? We know that certain dealers can turn on DRL with no problem, so what's different about those dealers?

I wonder.... Is there a way to find out if a dealer is "fleet certified" and would they have the necessary software? We know that certain dealers can turn on DRL with no problem, so what's different about those dealers?