Ric

Daytime Running lights?

CC dealer is EV certified, so you would "think" they have the latest software. To me it just seems they dont want to waste the time to do it. My car is still in the shop, they had to order the trim pieces for the front doors, and they didn't arrive until after the techs went home, so its in for one more day. At least it will get a nice bath. When I pick it up I will ask Gene if he can do your DRL Corncob.

We had our 2013 FFH SE at the dealer for oil change, tire rotation, fix the trunk lid from falling and possibly have the DRLs turned on. The service advisor said that their electronics tech would look into turning the DRLs on, but they were not turned on.

I was told that "the DRL is not a programmable parameter for this vehicle."

They also gave me a print out Ford tech manual that states this. I guess I will check with another local Ford dealer and maybe the local Lincoln dealer about turning them on.

They also chipped 2 rims with the impact wrench while doing the tire rotation. The good news is that they are going to replace the 2 rims when the fix the trunk lid struts.

Well if Corncobs dealer says it cant be done, maybe I should take mine there and show them! LOL

SO, DRL cant be turned on? O'RLY? Hmm I guess I am imagining mine are on everytime I put it in drive then.

Ashley,

I'm very uneasy, and I continue to be very concerned about DRL, and I'd like to readdress your earlier post about company policy. Clearly DRL can be turned on for all FF. (see my earlier photo and GrlSql's groundbreaking work) It's the law for every model in Canada, and all the fleet vehicles come turned on. Some dealers have no problem turning them on, while others run into a software block.

DRL are a well documented safety feature that can save lives. See the links to the IIHS on my earlier post. I can accept that for some reason Ford doesn't want them on by default. (I speculate that you'd have to take a minuscule MPG hit with the EPA ratings?) I can't accept that it is company policy to block owners from turning them on by request.

I think you've been on our forum long enough to realize how thoughtful and measured our members are. Issues are carefully evaluated here and there are hundreds of readers for every single poster. We don't ask for your support lightly, and we value all the inside info you bring to the table. However your last official post exposes Ford to a dilemma: is it official Ford policy to turn off life saving safety equipment even if owners expressly want to turn DRL on?

I request that Ford update all dealer software to allow owners the choice of this critical safety device that already exists on their car. Please elevate my request, and post the response on this forum as to why Ford has this policy. I look forward to a change in policy soon.

Isn't it amazing when you stand there and hear that DRL's are not possible and KNOW that they are wrong (or unwilling) to provide what their department is called ---> SERVICE

Then, when they do anything slightly complicated they screw it up, rotating tires is very complicated - not. It's a good thing you caught those chips on the rims before you left!

Yes, looking for another Dealer sounds like a good plan.

BTW, did you check the oil level in the ICE to see if they did that right?

Yes the oil level was good. Their service dept is usually good. Maybe they had a new wheel guy doing the rotation. Who knows.

I am going to check with another dealer on Monday about the DRLs. It would be nice to get them turned on before going back to the dealer.

I believe all cars should have DRL's, but then in Canada of course we do. It feels like discrimination in a way that they don't make them universal. I cannot see any reason why they won't other than the fact that in your world it isn't required.

If for no other reason that helping protect yourself from those who forget to turn on their lights, makes the whole thing viable, or more appealing and certainly safer. It would be nice to see the lobbyists get behind this and make it happen. Even better if Ford does it and takes full credit.

Having had them for many years we are conditioned. And boy does it make a difference. It is so much easier to see oncoming traffic in those tough lighting scenarios like early morning and near dark. Add fog or even a little rain or snow and the visibility is so much better. Ford - just do it! :worship:

CC, Dang it I forgot to ask, that and he was busy and trying to finish up his daily paperwork. I will shoot them an Email and will let you know.

What did Gene have to say? If they can turn on mine I would love to make to stop for you.

PM me your email address, I will let you know their response.