DodgerFan

Turn signal volume

Anybody else find the volume of the turn signal on the FFH to be too loud/annoying? I assume that the annoyance factor is enhanced because of the wonderfully quiet car, but I find myself turning off the signal all the time. I don't suppose there is any kind of volume setting for this (other than the radio volume to drown it out :-), is there?

Yes, totally agree, the turn signal is very loud! (and annoying).

Only bothers me really when sitting at a light and you hear it

for more than a few seconds.

Anybody else notices how hot the heated seats are on the first

setting - wow! Hottest of any heated seats of any car I can

recall being in. On the low setting it is great.

At least you probably won't forget to turn it off. Doesn't really bother me, though.

I don't mind it either. On my previous car (G6 Convertible) I couldn't even tell it was on.

The turn signal noise doesn't bother me either. Are we sure that this is an electronic sound rather than the actual mechanical sound of the turn signal relay? My father's Nissan Versa has the same sound with it's turn signal. If it isn't mechanical then is the flasher relay electronic? I'd love to change the turn signals to LED bulbs.

It is a little speaker. Unfortunately it is used for a number of different things it seems. I think it is distractingly loud but I guess Ford has to deal with all the morons that leave their turn signals on all day.

Jon

The turn signal noise doesn't bother me either. Are we sure that this is an electronic sound rather than the actual mechanical sound of the turn signal relay? My father's Nissan Versa has the same sound with it's turn signal. If it isn't mechanical then is the flasher relay electronic? I'd love to change the turn signals to LED bulbs.

I'm wondering if the volume is different in different cars. If I have the radio (not loud either), I can barely hear the turn signal. Do we know if they are using electronic or mechanical flashers?

When I owned a Freestyle, I read somewhere that the turn signal was modeled after the sound in the Jaguar. It's supposed to be the sound of striking a wood block. It doesn't bother me, I like the change from the traditional electronic sound. I'd have to re-read my owners guide, but I believe there is a warning chime that sounds when the signal is left on too long.

I like the ticking of the turn signal in the FFH. It reminds me of the ticking clock inside the crocodile in Disney's "Peter Pan" cartoon. About the same cadence. It makes me happy.

You get used to it over time, I noticed it was loud at first, now after 12K miles I barely notice it, if I do. The turn signal in the Veracruz was so quiet that I had to look to make sure I actually turned it on.