CmelChappy

FFH's harsh, jolting ride qualities!

The only contribution I have would be by comparisons of several vehicles I either have or can drive (neighbors).

My FFH rides smoother than our 1/2 ton full-sized pickup which we traded. Now THAT is a harsh riding truck.

My neighbor's 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix rides harsher and just isn't fun to ride in with expansion joint highways.

My older 1999 Pontiac Grand Am with a V-6 rode about the same...

And the older 1996 Pontiac Grand Am with an I-4 rode a lot rougher than all of these but cornered like it was on rails.

I have a 2008 Chevy Colorado pickup which honestly rides good, but would only be able to ride smoother than my FFH if I had a load in the back. Other than that, it isn't too bad.

I don't have any huge cars to compare with.

Personally, I look at the FFH as driving closer to that of a sports sedan than that of a standard sedan.

Purchased a FFH the end of June this year and love the car with the exception of the harsh, jolting ride over any but the smoothest road surface! This feature has ruined the car for me as I have been driving a 1971 T-Bird that was purchased new by my late father in late 1970, that is a super riding car. The harsh jolts over tar strips and man hole covers are severe enough to cause whiplash! My dealer has no new Fusions in stock that I can compare my car to and won't have for another month. Either I am an old geezer completly out of sync with today's automotive world, used to the great ride of the old Chrome barges of the sixties and seventies, or else my FFH has a problem with ride control. Could it be that the consumer of today accepts such harsh, jolting ride as the norm? This doesn't have to be.....my '65 mustang was lighter and smaller, but a much smoother riding car!

Hi CmelChappy. I am simply trying to help you address your problem. If you would like assistance, it would help to listen to the advice given and answer the relevant questions asked. My replies have made no value judgment concerning what you or anyone else likes or dislikes in the ride of a car. In fact, I made it clear how much my wife and I miss my Fathers Lincoln Town Car, which I am sure rode very similar to your T-Bird. So there is no need to get defensive about the T-Bird's ride.

That being said, you have now been asked several times by several different people whether you have checked your tires for the proper PSI. And if you have checked the tires, what is the current PSI/pressure set at? You have still not answered those questions. And if the tires are inflated properly (checked with a proper and good quality tire pressure gauge), then bring your car in for service and express your concerns to the Service Department for diagnosis and repair (if necessary).

If you want assistance, please address the tire pressure questions. Otherwise I and others will assume that you do not want help and that you just want to vent your complaints. You certainly have the right to vent, but if that is all you want to do, then those of us honestly trying to help can stop wasting our time giving advice that is being ignored.

I hope you can find a satisfactory resolution to your concerns (either with or without our help).

Good luck.

This past Monday I took my FFH to the tire, lube and alignment shop of my local Town Ford dealership and received a free wash job, at which time the manager of the department informed me that he had checked all the tires and that they were set at the recommended thirty-three pounds per! I do not have a trustworthy tire gauge but am getting one, but my tires are set at what the Ford dealer considers the correct pressure.

The weather here has been real hot, but last night things cooled quite a bit and I took my FFH out for a ride about midnight to avoid the usual daytime and evening congestion and immediately noticed that the cool weather appeared to soften the riding qualities considerably, to my surprise. The right or outside lane on our highways is required unless passing and is quite a bit rougher than the inner lane, probably due to heavy equipment using it exclusively. Most all of the newer cars drive the inner lane due to it's much better road surface, to the consternation of our state troopers. Last night I drove the rougher outer lane and found it a pleasant experience. When I got back to town, I drove the worst street in town and found that it didn't seem all that bad.

My front suspension has loosened a bit and is softer hot or cold, but the rear is still pretty stiff, but hopefully, will loosen up a little as I put more miles on it. I have sixteen hundred miles on it so far.

The shop manager ventured the opinion that due to the 250+ lb battery pack behind the rear seat, Ford may have purposely stiffened the suspension a bit.

I admit that the hybrid corners like it is on rails and I have had problems because it is so responsive to steering wheel commands, not a bit like my floating T-Bird, that I have turned too quickly and scraped curbs. It is a fact that due to it's great electric motor's instant torque, I can pull away from most all gas rigs from a start. pedal response is awesome after driving gas only rigs. I have never floored the pedal and see no need to. At fifty and sixty miles per, about half a pedal gives great acceleration and for a guy that has owned a number of performance vehicles in the past, the acceleration of my hybrid is exhilarating!

When the gas engine cuts in upon brisk accelation, the engine has the old ford "growl" that we used to so dearly love back when chevy's were all grease covered six cylinders.

Have wondered about test articles that downplay the hybrids acceleration and gas mileage. One article advised Ford Hybrid owners not to be the first in line at stop lights so they wouldn't get run over on the green light. Another questioned the hybrid's ability to merge into traffic moving seventy miles per hour. My hybrid still has a lot of healthy acceleration at seventy per. I probably put too much faith in the test articles I read before purchasing my FFH. At least I'm honest.

I loved the ride of my old 67 Catalina. That thing floated on air. It had seating for 6 or about 8-10 by today's standards. The trunk could hold another 4-6 people with a full size spare. The engine compartment was so big that it was difficult to reach the engine. And there was more metal in the hood than probably my entire FFH. We aren't going back there though. There isn't a large market for them and it is still a supply and demand market. Minivans came from nowhere and took over for awhile then SUVs became popular so that we could get our self-respect back. Now those are too big because of the cost of gas so we have the crossovers. It's an evolution that we, the consumers, have influenced. If consumers still wanted big floaty cars, they would be everywhere. The cars today are safer, more reliable (Ranger had 264K miles), more fuel efficient, have better stability, etc. But those are qualities that the market wanted, not any given individual. I'd love to have a Ute like they have in Australia, but Ford isn't importing them because there is no demand. If a 71 T-Bird fits you, great. What color is your FFH and how much are you asking? My wife would love one and I'm not sharing mine.

I drive a bunch of highway with my FFH and that was a big concern of mine. The FFH has a bit of an unusual power curve (if you want to call it that). It takes a second to "wind up" but once it does it moves pretty darn well. You would be surprised at the number of folks that see me zip by them and then stare at the hybrid logo. For the weight I think the car moves pretty well.

New drivers of the FFH also notice a speed illusion, or lack thereof. Normally you hear the engine wind up and the RPM pretty much matches the speed until there is a gear change, then that repeats. The FFH will wind up and stay at an RPM giving the illusion that you are not accelerating much. Then you look at the speedo and see it ticking happily higher. I found myself speeding on the highway several times until I unlearned the sound = speed thing. Now I have to look at the speedo more often. I am very glad they stuck the big analog speedo right smack-dab in the middle of the dash.

Jon

This past Monday I took my FFH to the tire, lube and alignment shop of my local Town Ford dealership and received a free wash job, at which time the manager of the department informed me that he had checked all the tires and that they were set at the recommended thirty-three pounds per! I do not have a trustworthy tire gauge but am getting one, but my tires are set at what the Ford dealer considers the correct pressure.

The weather here has been real hot, but last night things cooled quite a bit and I took my FFH out for a ride about midnight to avoid the usual daytime and evening congestion and immediately noticed that the cool weather appeared to soften the riding qualities considerably, to my surprise. The right or outside lane on our highways is required unless passing and is quite a bit rougher than the inner lane, probably due to heavy equipment using it exclusively. Most all of the newer cars drive the inner lane due to it's much better road surface, to the consternation of our state troopers. Last night I drove the rougher outer lane and found it a pleasant experience. When I got back to town, I drove the worst street in town and found that it didn't seem all that bad.

My front suspension has loosened a bit and is softer hot or cold, but the rear is still pretty stiff, but hopefully, will loosen up a little as I put more miles on it. I have sixteen hundred miles on it so far.

The shop manager ventured the opinion that due to the 250+ lb battery pack behind the rear seat, Ford may have purposely stiffened the suspension a bit.

I admit that the hybrid corners like it is on rails and I have had problems because it is so responsive to steering wheel commands, not a bit like my floating T-Bird, that I have turned too quickly and scraped curbs. It is a fact that due to it's great electric motor's instant torque, I can pull away from most all gas rigs from a start. pedal response is awesome after driving gas only rigs. I have never floored the pedal and see no need to. At fifty and sixty miles per, about half a pedal gives great acceleration and for a guy that has owned a number of performance vehicles in the past, the acceleration of my hybrid is exhilarating!

When the gas engine cuts in upon brisk accelation, the engine has the old ford "growl" that we used to so dearly love back when chevy's were all grease covered six cylinders.

Have wondered about test articles that downplay the hybrids acceleration and gas mileage. One article advised Ford Hybrid owners not to be the first in line at stop lights so they wouldn't get run over on the green light. Another questioned the hybrid's ability to merge into traffic moving seventy miles per hour. My hybrid still has a lot of healthy acceleration at seventy per. I probably put too much faith in the test articles I read before purchasing my FFH. At least I'm honest.

I drive a bunch of highway with my FFH and that was a big concern of mine. The FFH has a bit of an unusual power curve (if you want to call it that). It takes a second to "wind up" but once it does it moves pretty darn well. You would be surprised at the number of folks that see me zip by them and then stare at the hybrid logo. For the weight I think the car moves pretty well.

The lag on "wind up" reminds me of a smaller version of a high performance turbo for a race performance car. It is not exactly like that, but pretty durned close. Sorta slings you upward. You gotta watch that speedometer, definitely. And you gotta stop driving this way or you can kiss 40 mpg goodbye!!!

Makes me glad these cars aren't cheap because I have a feeling each version is going to be better, stronger, and more economical. My finances couldn't take it.

I have a BMW M3 E46. It has high speed throttle body actuators and is throttle by wire. In the normal setting there is a normal feeling lag between the accelerator and the wheel power. In sport mode the power comes on so quickly that if you are not planted firmly in the seat you will get a feedback loop between your foot coming off the pedal as the car accelerates then as it slows you can't help but press harder and repeat. It is extremely embarrassing and scares the bejesus out of any passengers - not to mention the whiplash.

In the case of the FFH I'm pretty sure the issue is that the computer is trying to compromise between using all the available torque at the current engine RPM and letting some of that torque be used to increase the RPM itself. The ECVT has complete control of the engine RPM vs. a normal car where the fuel input is the primary RPM control.

Jon

That seems to be a common problem with throttle by wire (hybrid could be adding to the problem). I think the program that into the PCM for smoother starts for folks who aren't accelerating quickly. It can be annoying and for some of the early models there was a PCM update that helped.

I think you are both right, its the fuel/air mixture in a traditional car but my question is in the FFH the electric motor has all its torque available at zero RPMs so the FFH lets it go gradually ?

Gee,

I thought THIS was the topic of this thread?

"FFH's harsh, jolting ride qualities!, My FFH has a harsh, jolting ride on anything but smooth road surfaces"

Way to shift gears and get it away from anything perceives as negative. :hysterical:

Gee, maybe now, I should be sorry that I bought my FFH.............................because someone else said it felt uncomfortable. :hysterical:

Apparently, I wasted all of that time, conducting research, and taking the test-drives.

Gee, maybe now, I should be sorry that I bought my FFH.............................because someone else said it felt uncomfortable. :hysterical:

Apparently, I wasted all of that time, conducting research, and taking the test-drives.

Not at all, but you do realize it is a proven fact that "Owners" (of anything) subconsciously do not want to admit a product is not up to par. Since they already own one, they encourage others to "join the club" so to speak and rarely will say something bad about something they already made a commitment to. Because to do so would be to openly admit a mistake on their part. This is the honest truth and a fact.

As for me, I'll judge the comfort level for myself.

Well, I'm usually over at Team Shelby and thought I'd see what y'all are saying about the FFH.

Hmmm, I will say this, I bought my wife an 2010 FFH and myself a 2010 GT500 on the same day.

Now, I'm 45 years old, spent 23 years in the USAF, and been all over this world. I've got much experience driving 18 wheelers, busses, trucks, old cars(i have a working original 53 chev 210 4 dr), ect., ect.

Let me tell you, the FFH is about as good as it gets when you talk about a 2 ton "mid sized" sedan. The ride, handling, weight, milage trade off is simply superb! Try to find any thing better. Compared to my GT500 (18 G's more), no it wont handle the same, perform the same however, is no where near a sub par car. The FFH is, as of 2010, the best in it's class.

Proper air pressure makes a difference, my FFH was delivered with 40psi and when I dropped it to 33psi, as specified, it was a world of difference.

One more thing, did you test drive it?

Gee,

I thought THIS was the topic of this thread?

"FFH's harsh, jolting ride qualities!, My FFH has a harsh, jolting ride on anything but smooth road surfaces"

Way to shift gears and get it away from anything perceives as negative. :hysterical:

This ride quality topic got lots of attention - I would try a seat cushion nextag and hopefully the FFH ride will soften up for you thus ya might get a couple years service out of it (the FFH) before selling (depreciation is rough especially at first ya know)

I went from an Expedition EL to the Fusion. The Exp had huge tires and a ton of suspension travel.

The FFH is a Ford (line), not a Mercury (line), not a Lincoln (line). One of the reasons that manufactures have segment lines is that they will tune the ride, performance, and feature set of each model to what the customers expect from the brand line. The Lincolns (with some mis-steps like some MKZ models) are expected to be very smooth. The Ford line is generally more on the smaller, sporty side. I would not expect and not want a Lincoln ride from a Ford line model. I get motion sickness in most Lincolns.

That being said I have noticed that there is a pretty major transition point in the FFH. The ride below a certain amount of road disturbance is very smooth, then at a point the ride gets quite a bit harsher after that. I think this has quite a bit to do with the tires. The tires are a low rolling resistance type which seem to absorb less of the road disturbances. When they are at 40Lbs pressure or over they are like rocks. If the OO has not checked the tire pressure and dropped it to the recommended 35 then he has not given the car a fair shake. Mine came at 42Lbs cold - the day after I took it home.

Other than that I would not expect a truck ride or a Lincoln ride out of the FFH. I myself love the ride given the compromises made.

I am pretty surprised at the tone of this thread though, if you look at the postings I don't think this site is full of a bunch of fanboys. If you want to see fanboys you might want to check out the Prius forums (low blow - I know!) There was some good advice given and apparently not taken. I for one drove the FFH several times on various roads before I purchased. My big worry was merging into the 70Mph speed limit highway (lets just say the limit is somewhat slower than the average person goes) after trying it in a Prius. I merged on and off a bunch of times in the demo car before making a decision. I also took it onto some rougher roads. It sure didn't mosey over the potholes like my Exp did, but it was fine for me.

I can certainly imagine why any car would not fit the needs of everyone. Certainly the FFH won't - but given the fact that you can drive the car before purchasing means that the OO purchased a car that did not meet his needs, it doesn't make Ford a bad company or the FFH a bad car.

Jon

I just picked up my FFH today and I too noticed it has a certain reaction over somewhat sharp transitions vs. uneven or rough pavement. I just checked the tire pressure and found it at 37psi all around. One of the roads I will be traveling daily has suffered from the heat and has popped up those dreaded speed bumps every 100 feet. My Avalanche handles those pretty well but the FFH handles all of the other aspects of ride better. I love the ride of my Avalanche but its rolling 6000lbs on 17" large wheels.

Along these same lines I am really impressed with the quietness of the FFH interior at cruising speeds. I had several BT conference calls and it was just perfect!! One stretch of I-69 in Indiana forces the driver to drive on the rumble strips. Not one person complained on the other end of the call!!

This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping would be honestly shared here, minus the FOMOCO employees and "groupies" that don't know any better. I need a car that will be comfortable for the road and I mean trips of several hundred miles (300-400 on days) and while sporty touring type handling is desired, trading off to poor suspension is not. I think I had better shy away from this car and look at the new Taurus instead. Sounds like my old Escape currently rides better then the Fusion does. Thanks for posting some honesty here.

I was disappointed in my Ford Fusion Hybrid due to the harsh riding qualities, but after logging seventeen hundred miles on it, it is really smoothing out. The front end is now fairly smooth and has a lot more movement than when new. The back end is still quite firm, but entirely acceptable. My mostly road mileage is 41+ at maximum legal speeds. My zero to sixty acceleration is much better than what a lot of testers suggest. It would appear that the Ford Hybrid gets better with mileage. In accelerating from a dead stop, flooring the go pedal is the worst thing that can be done as there is a pregnant pause before things get going. I start out with about half pedal which gives good, instant acceleration and then get on it. At sixty miles per hour there is a lot of acceleration left, just don't stomp the go pedal. When cruising on good road at sixty, I often turn the entertainment center off to marvel at the dead silence of the car, especially the total lack of tire and wind noise. True, it costs more than most, especially when Ford dealers like mine jack up the price by a thousand dollars, as if they aren't making enough as it is. The hybrid is the only Ford product that didn't offer free financing, so I paid cash for mine. In other words, you won't get any good deals on a Ford Fusion Hybrid, they're too slow coming....our local dealer has waited two months for one since I bought mine, and is still waiting.

Today I took a Fusion for a brief couple of mile test ride. I am interested in a SPORT but the one I drove was an SEL FWD with the 3.0 L and optional 18" Wheels (but regular suspension, not the sport tuned.)

I can say without a doubt that this car rode much better then I had "envisioned" it would and I rate it superior with regard to ride as compared to my 07 Escape. Comparing sound (or lack there of) I rate it "far superior" as compared to my 07 Escape. I still will test drive a Sport with the 3.5L motor and test a 2010 Taurus SEL too but what this short test ride did was pretty much eleminate the 2010 Escape from my short list of vehicles. I can see myself behind the wheel of a 2010 Fusion (and as mentioned, am leaning right now towards the Sport model.)

I wonder how big a difference it is between the stock SEL suspension and the Sport tuned suspension? The dealer Salesman says not much and he himself wouldn't pay extra to get it but he's not me. I also wonder how the AWD affects the perfomance and handling too? I hear the extra weight hurts but the extra traction helps. The 3.0 liter seemed peppy enough but if you read the brochure, each motor has a different final drive ratio too, so the 3.0 is geared lower for better acceleration while the 3.5 is geared higher. Anyone care to comment about the difference in the two suspension set ups?

Hi Rodeo. :D First, just jokingly (well, semi-jokingly): Perhaps now you will believe that we were giving valid information and stop accusing people of "cheerleading", since you have finally confirmed for yourself what we earlier told you concerning the Fusion's ride? :banghead: :hysterical:

Okay, to your questions. First, the "sport tuned suspension" is included in the 18" wheel option on the SEL. This information has already been previously verified. So the ride quality (only speaking of ride quality, not engine performance) differences between a Fusion Sport and a V-6 SEL with the !8" wheel/sport tuned suspension option will be negligible.

Next, the AWD question is one of personal preference and driving conditions. The AWD does hurt fuel economy and acceleration. However, it will give you slightly better handling traits. Do you live in an area where you need the AWD for the safety factor? Do you have a job where you must get to work, no matter what the conditions? These are just a few of the many questions that come into play in the FWD vs. AWD equation.

Next, the 3.5L engine is geared "higher" because it has the power/torque to be able to be geared higher. The "higher" gearing allows it to achieve better mileage (without hurting acceleration/performance) than if it was geared the same as the 3.0L. The 3.5L engine is considerably quicker then the 3.0L engine, in both FWD and AWD configurations. Of course, there is also a slight mileage penalty for the 3.5l (EPA figures notwithstanding).

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

According to the Dealer Salesman (and I asked him twice to be sure of what he was saying to me) he said that the $295 dollar optional 18" wheels does not include the Sport Tuned suspension. He said that option was about $1300 more, not $300. He claimed the 2-3 Fusions he had there with the 3.0 and optional 18" wheels were all the same and non-sport tuned suspension. (Besides, I scanned the window sticker thoroughly for it and it was absent.) He said there are two build specs with those wheels and his cars did not have the upgraded suspension. So now I don't know what to believe in that regard. Even when you go to Fords build it website, it no longer says or implies you get the Sport Suspension when you choose the alternate 18" wheels on the SEL. (It used to, but no longer does. There is no "Sport Tuned" option on the SEL)

As for the AWD, remember I am coming out of a V6-4WD Escape and do travel the Northeast througout the entire year for a Sales job. But, I am also the kind of person who can drive just about anything in any kind of weather too. The bottom line is I have drawn the line with funds and will only afford either the AWD option or the built in NAV. I will get the electronics package, back up camera BLIS or whatever its called etc as well as the Moon & Tune plus Leather. Basically a loaded Sport. So now the quandry, which do I prefer more, the safety and security of AWD or the convenience of the built in NAV with local gas prices and weather forecasts too. Being the car will be loaded tech wise, I am leaning towards the NAV and am tired of my old Garmin falling off the windshield etc. Yet it is still a tough choice but I feel am am using FWD about 98% of the time, so that plays against the AWD. Even in my 4WD Escape, I think it rarely got used except on a slippery boat ramp on occasion. (I'm keeping the old Escape for just that purpose.)

I noticed the 3.0 really was geared low for hard take offs in first gear. The motor really reved when I hit the gas to get onto a highway. "I think" I want the 3.5 though and thus the SPORT model fully loaded minus the AWD. Oh and while I always viewed Black as being too hot, the Black Metallic on this car looks Great!

And for the record, I didn't accuse anyone of "cheerleading" but suggested that it could be possible. I know, sometimes things don't come off as intended in these forums. If so, my appology. I will not be ordering until February anyway as that's when my Car is set to renew with the Co. Aside from my questions about the Fusion, a new 2010 Taurus is being considered too. Lots of time thankfully for lots of questions.

It appears to me after scouring the FF Website that only the Sport and more specifically the 3.5L equipped cars get the "modified" Sport Tuned suspension. It's not wheel size depenndent as I thought, but motor dependent.

This from FF Website:

"For the driving enthusiast who demands more power, and more handling agility, we’ve added the new Sport model to the exciting Fusion lineup. Modified sport-tuned suspension components bring the Fusion handling experience to an even higher dimension of driving enjoyment, to match the power of the 263-hp 3.5L 24-valve V6."

and

"The 3.5L Duratec V6 generating 263 horsepower is the feature powerplant in the new Fusion Sport model, which also comes equipped with a modified sport-tuned suspension,"

All this in spite of what the Brochure may say, there is no reference on line that the SEL is available with a Sport Tuned suspension, in spite of available 18" wheels and tires. Sombody from FOMOCO care to correct this thought?

As for the AWD, remember I am coming out of a V6-4WD Escape and do travel the Northeast througout the entire year for a Sales job. But, I am also the kind of person who can drive just about anything in any kind of weather too. The bottom line is I have drawn the line with funds and will only afford either the AWD option or the built in NAV. I will get the electronics package, back up camera BLIS or whatever its called etc as well as the Moon & Tune plus Leather. Basically a loaded Sport. So now the quandry, which do I prefer more, the safety and security of AWD or the convenience of the built in NAV with local gas prices and weather forecasts too. Being the car will be loaded tech wise, I am leaning towards the NAV and am tired of my old Garmin falling off the windshield etc. Yet it is still a tough choice but I feel am am using FWD about 98% of the time, so that plays against the AWD. Even in my 4WD Escape, I think it rarely got used except on a slippery boat ramp on occasion. (I'm keeping the old Escape for just that purpose.)

Just my 2 cents...if in your Sales role you need to locate unfamiliar addresses, the NAV may prove very worthwhile. The biggest advantage I've found is that I can read off an address using the SYNC voice-operated menu rather than have to pull off the road and type everything into the Garmin. I was house-hunting a few months ago, and the NAV proved incredibly useful (and probably safer) by letting me speak rather than type. Since you probably use the phone frequently while traveling, the NAV screen also makes phone operation easier in that you can use it for the keypad (like when dialing into a conference calls) as well as look up names that SYNC doesn't recognize. I figure it's safer than fumbling around with a phone while trying to drive. As for it's value vs. the AWD, that's obviously your call, but the NAV is definitely helpful if you travel a lot.

Just my 2 cents...if in your Sales role you need to locate unfamiliar addresses, the NAV may prove very worthwhile. The biggest advantage I've found is that I can read off an address using the SYNC voice-operated menu rather than have to pull off the road and type everything into the Garmin. I was house-hunting a few months ago, and the NAV proved incredibly useful (and probably safer) by letting me speak rather than type. Since you probably use the phone frequently while traveling, the NAV screen also makes phone operation easier in that you can use it for the keypad (like when dialing into a conference calls) as well as look up names that SYNC doesn't recognize. I figure it's safer than fumbling around with a phone while trying to drive. As for it's value vs. the AWD, that's obviously your call, but the NAV is definitely helpful if you travel a lot.

Thanks for your advice and input. I do travel allot and use the phone allot while driving (mostly hands free). 200-400 mile days are not uncommon for me. That's exactly how I see the built in NAV proving to be more useful and safer then my Garmin and BT enabled phone. I am definitely leaning in that direction and forgoing the AWD. Now if there were only a way to transfer all those stored addresses in my Garmin over to the new NAV system. (Heck, Garmin doesn't even allow you to back them up anywhere.)

If what I drove today had the Sport Tuned suspension, then I liked it. You would think though that FORD would have noted that on the window sticker somewhere, right? Anyway, it was a much nicer ride then my current Escape and it has a lumbar adjustment, something my Escape lacks totally.

Now back to the FFH suspension comments.