hybridbear

Preparing for winter with a comprehensive strategy to improve MPGs including grille blocking & more

I made my own which is tie wrapped on, so no velcro or adhesive to melt, though I do know some adhesives get gooey after exposed to heat. I have used the clear velcro like strips. They are clear plastic that are identical to each other, they are usually the type used on Ipass or other things that mount to glass. instead of hooks and loops, it has pins with round tops that snap into each other. Never had the adhesive melt on these and they are in direct sunlight year round,

Where did you get them? I need new strips for my ipass and I'm too lazy to wait at the toll plaza to ask for them.

Menards

http://www.menards.com/main/home-decor/office-supplies/tape-glue-velcro/tape/mounting-tape/scotch-reg-reclosable-fastener/p-1420095-c-12640.htm

Same thing used by Ipass, but in larger strips, so they need to be trimmed a bit. I use these in my planes to secure the receivers, they work great to dampen vibrations too.