GrySql

How are the Energi's selling vs the FFH?

I noted something similar in another thread around here somewhere, that I have been keeping an eye on the inventory of Energis at the dealer where I got my FFH, and also the dealer where we got my wife's FFE. They aren't moving very well, as one dealer's chain has 19 (had 20 for the past 2-3 weeks so yippee they sold one) and the other dealer has 14 (I think they had 12 when we bought her FFE in April) -- low sales also evidenced by the sales numbers of about 400 per month nationwide for the past few months. I guess the sticker shock combined with the smaller trunk is a show-stopper for most.

What is interesting, the dealer CC got his FFH from is EV certified, and the one sales guy I talked to said they could order only so many, He was also not too eager to sell one stating they have to pay for their EV chargers somehow. Made me not want to buy from him. Just did a quick search, there are 41 available near me. The one I referenced has 7 on the lot, ranging from 40K to 43K.

A HyTiE with just moonroof, nav and Blis is 41K, 43K to get what I have in my HyTi. That is 7K more for the Energi model to my HyTi. It would take a lot of driving to make up that big a difference.

Do they subtract that $3750 from the price of the car? If not then you still pay $3750. At next tax session you may get that in a refund, but it doesn't lower the monthly payments.

I guess if you dont own two vehicles, the trunk could be a disadvantage. Only time I stuffed the trunk in the HyTi was going to MN, and only because my Flex was in the shop getting deer damage repaired. Other than that, I dont think the trunk space would be a factor for us. The trunk in the Fusion is surprisingly deep, I have a cargo organizer on the battery shelf and still have plenty of room left for shopping.