hybridbear

Software Updates from Ford to improve MPGs

The below item just showed up on the list of service actions when looking up my VIN in Etis... searched the site for TSBs and nothing showed up yet, though maybe I am not using the right keyword(s).

Outstanding Field Service Actions

13B07 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) CALIBRATION

Same here.

Same for me! I have an appointment on Monday for them to look at a scuff on the passenger door panel. I guess I'll ask about this. Does anyone know if the software has been released?

No specific date, only "starting in August" as noted in the below Ford article.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=38296

Edited by jeff_h

just got an email from my dealership asking me when i want to schedule service for this recall

Same here. Asked if I want to bring it in next week. I think I will wait a couple weeks though. I want to hear feedback from others before I get my car broke.

You know what they say

If it aint broke, Dont fix it.

Just spoke to my dealer, they said the software upgrade is mandatory and will have to happen no matter if I want it or not.

I'm with you, all I read was that this thing was optional. I won't argue with my Service Dept folks. Don't want to get into trouble of voiding my warranty or something, you know

Mine is going to be done tomorrow :) Then I hit the road for 4 days, I'll report back Thursday night on my experiences.

Waiting patiently to see if it actually works before bringing mine in. My dealer is already aware of it and waiting for me to bring it in. He agrees though, if it aint broke.....