hybridbear

Software Updates from Ford to improve MPGs

Whats interesting, havent seen any one else have their plugs foul.

i have a question about the update......it mentions closing the shudders when the AC is on? not sure how this helps....ect....

That is one I have been wondering about as well since the condenser needs the air flow over the coils in order to transfer the heat away from the coolant so it can liquefy. Sounds like that would reduce cooling. Then again it's main purpose in this update is to reduce power consumption of the compressor so if it slows down, then less air flow is required to condense the fluid.

i know we have lots of things to look at with this car...but here are Two more things i wish i could monitor..

Id like to know the shutter position and monitor it.....

and the regen system... Some people that are having poor mileage (clummus...ect ) may have a poor regen system.....maybe its not getting engaged when coasting or braking.....or maybe just partial engagement......How do we know???

Yep, this is one I had mentioned before. For all we know, the battery pack could have a higher than normal resistance which would impact charging rates, so the regen could be just fine, but the batteries might not be taking in all they can get. Higher resistance batteries tend to take longer to charge.

Edited by acdii
I cantspeel

The below item just showed up on the list of service actions when looking up my VIN in Etis... searched the site for TSBs and nothing showed up yet, though maybe I am not using the right keyword(s).

Outstanding Field Service Actions

13B07 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) CALIBRATION