hybridbear

Software Updates from Ford to improve MPGs

I've been meaning to ask this... Is there any definitive way to see the installed update if you put the car

in "engineering mode" - is there any version or anything to view that will prove it without having to

drive the car?

Someone already mentioned it in these forums, but I really wish Ford would do some research into why some FFH, like mine, get exceptionally good MPG while others absolutely miserable MPG. It would be nice to point to specific causes rather than just saying it is driving style and/or they got a lemon.

Maybe there are a combination of factors that include both driving style and issues with the electronics like bad sensors or something. I'm sure there are plenty of people in both camps on these forums, my self included who would be more than happy to participate in any research to figure this issue out.

I am waiting until winter comes to get a good comparison between the old one and the current one before I can clearly state it was the car that had issues. I dont have enough warm weather data to prove 100%. So far from the few times I drove the other one in 50+ temps, I can say that this one does a Whole lot better.

When I do have that proof though, I dont know what good it will do me, other than say Hey Ford, Told Ya So! You Walters.