hybridbear

Software Updates from Ford to improve MPGs

Well, guess what? I just spoke to the dealer again, and he told me that the mechanic has reprogrammed the windows, radio and SYNC systemThen he said that he took the car for a test drive, and it got 50mpg. I advised him that I can bring him in corncobs picture of EV mode at over 65mph, mine will not go into EV over 62. He says that the software update was done correctly, so they are not repeating it. I told him that if that's the case, I will bring it somewhere else to do it correctly. So he tells me that he will keep the car another night and have the technician re-evaluate the work that was done. Not only do I not have faith in this dealerships expertise, but I'm stuck with the 2011 Lincoln Town Car loaner that is getting 16mpg for another day.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Yeah, but you be sTyLiN

No complaints about my dealer 30 min done and done. He just gave me a look when I told him about the version they need to use and he responded " our computers get updated daily and our tech's know what they are doing " Well it appears they really know what they are doing.

A little bit on the cocky side? Just imagine if they did get it wrong! LOL

Mine is done, both MFT and PCM, picking it up later. Also had the tires squared and the oil changed.