47Minutes

Sync summer update Gen2 v3.6 coming

I can not for the life of me get this download to work. It says I don't have java installed, but I do (I'm on a Mac). I've even verified on Java's site that my java is running. Argh!!!! Do I really need this update?

I had the same issue with the laptop, told me that when I got the other popup to choose "don't block" well I never got any other popup and it just sat there... then I went to regular PC and there came the popup and I chose "don't block" and things went fine from there.

I can not for the life of me get this download to work. It says I don't have java installed, but I do (I'm on a Mac). I've even verified on Java's site that my java is running. Argh!!!! Do I really need this update?

What browser are you using? Java doesn't work in Chrome, so you have to use Safari.

Ran the update Sync Gen2 v3.6.2 and no data was lost other then resetting the clock and pairing the phone. Problem was when I ran a VHR, two systems were unavailable (Restraints & Driver Assistance as well as check Fluid & Filters. Customer service (1-800 392-3673 option 1 and then option 3) 1st time suggested a master reset and if that didn't work open door and close door and wait 30 seconds then and and do a master reset.

Followed both suggestions but did not work. I asked if I would lose any data and they indicated no. You lose your radio stations and your favorites on the navigation system, they need some retraining.

2nd time I called customer service I was informed the dealer has a way of doing a hard reset. Have another apt with dealer and don't know if this will work

My VHR shows the same thing, but it started happening before the update.

What browser are you using? Java doesn't work in Chrome, so you have to use Safari.

i used Safari, that didn't work. Used Firefox, that didn't work. I have the file now thanks to smr2112.

I did the download on my iMac to my thumb drive, but I am not downloading it to my car until the software download is done correctly, hopefully tomorrow.

I did the download on my iMac to my thumb drive, but I am not downloading it to my car until the software download is done correctly, hopefully tomorrow.

Well I don't know what you did that I'm not doing. I have the latest Mac OS and I know they disable Java for security reasons. I had to reinstall it all and activate it, still didn't work. Oh well, at least i have it now :).

Well I don't know what you did that I'm not doing. I have the latest Mac OS and I know they disable Java for security reasons. I had to reinstall it all and activate it, still didn't work. Oh well, at least i have it now :).

I don't know what I did right - I'm not a computer whiz at all - my iMac isn't new, it is from 2007 or 2008, the latest update was done 6/20/13 for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16. I plugged in the drive into the USB port, click on "Download", and it started. It was stuck on 5% completed for about 10 minutes, then it started to progress until it hit 100%.

Maybe I missed this in an earlier post, but did people who have installed this have to disable the ICE auto shutoff feature in the settings before doing this update? It says to do that on the sync site. I wonder what kind of gas mileage I'll get while this is uploading. It seems it only has to be done on cars with push button start (which I have). Here goes nothing.

From the sync site:

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.

I don't know what I did right - I'm not a computer whiz at all - my iMac isn't new, it is from 2007 or 2008, the latest update was done 6/20/13 for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 16. I plugged in the drive into the USB port, click on "Download", and it started. It was stuck on 5% completed for about 10 minutes, then it started to progress until it hit 100%.

Congratulations...that's the way it's supposed to go.

I had planned on applying this earlier this week but had a ton of trouble downloading it. Ford really needs to ditch the java requirement for the download, it's super annoying, especially with a lot of browsers now blocking it by default.

Anyway, I took my FFH in for the PCM update and asked the dealership to install it for me, which they did. A few key things I like that I've noticed so far are the song info for sirius on home screen and faster response times. I haven't had much time to play with anything else yet.

Vehicle Health report worked flawlessly with v3.5.1 and no problems. Checked V3.6.2 with sync update and indicates success, so obviously it's the update software that's causing the two modules not to respond (Fluids and Restraints) when running VHR.

Edited by IraF

ARRGHHH!!! My text to speech is broken now! Who do we complain to about these problems? Please, oh please, don't say the dealer! :banghead:

Edited by SteveB_TX

ARRGHHH!!! My text to speech is broken now! Who do we complain to about these problems? Please, oh please, don't say the dealer! :banghead:

Did you re-enable to option under messages > "Text to speech" or is the phone not longer supported which wouldn't make sense?

Did you re-enable to option under messages > "Text to speech" or is the phone not longer supported which wouldn't make sense?

Yes, T-S is enabled. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) worked fine before the update. Now I get the device does not support bt messaging message. My friends S3 still works in his Fusion after the update. Grrrr!!! :rant:

Edited by SteveB_TX

I did the update the other night and everything seemed to work just fine no problems. The question I have is has anyone else noticed that you no longer have the ability to enter any lower case characters using the keyboard, or at least I don't have this option anymore. I noticed this last night when I was loading a couple of addresses in my favorites for my navigation and went in to edit the name of these favorites and there was no longer any way to enter lower case characters. Has anyone else noticed this or is this something that may just be wrong with my update, please advise.

Edited by gmarshall

The solution I found when I did a VHR after applying update to MFT 3.6.2 which was indicating two systems unavailable (Restraints & Driver Assistance) as well as (Checks, Fluids & Filters) was very easy to do.

Do a hard reset by removing + & - cables from the 12volt battery and letting it sit for 5 minutes. Then reconnect and then run the car so a VHR can be done and I did this twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Now all systems indicate STATUS OK.

No radio presets or favorite navigation preferences were deleted as in a master reset.

Edited by IraF

I asked my wife how the phone sounded, and she said it sounds much better now. So at least the phone portion of the update was a success.

Just in case anyone wants to verify that you are running SYNC Gen2 Version 3.6.2 after your update. If you have MFT go to HOME then SETTINGS then HELP then SYSTEM INFO and you will see CCPU S/W VERSION: this should read 4.30.13171_PRODUCT. As long as the last five digits in this read 13171 you are running SYNC Gen2 Version 3.6.2 according to Ford Motor Company if these last five digits read anything else you are not running under SYNC Gen2 Version 3.6.2

Good info, thanks. I just verified mine. :)

I installed and confirmed the 3.6.2 update two weeks ago. Today I logged into support.ford.com and the website says that I have "a dealer-installed update available". The version information is the same as the version I installed and confirmed myself. Has anyone else seen this when logging into the support site?

I installed and confirmed the 3.6.2 update two weeks ago. Today I logged into support.ford.com and the website says that I have "a dealer-installed update available". The version information is the same as the version I installed and confirmed myself. Has anyone else seen this when logging into the support site?

I had a somewhat-similar situation (but does not sound exactly) where I checked in my successful update but it still said I had an update available -- running the Vehicle Health Report cleared it up.

I was just checking my account and saw the same message. I have no idea what this is ...

Also, Etis has this:

Vehicle Software

Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information.

Edited by neod192

I have the same message that I need to take the car in for a dealer installed software update even though it verifies that the current SYNC version as 3.6.2. I made an online appointment to bring it in on Wednesday since I already had an appointment that day to try and fix the speaker buzz problem.

It says the software update is DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2. I wonder if this is really an update or if the system just doesn't know if that version is already installed.

Edited by Boat Racer

It says the software update is DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2. I wonder if this is really an update or if the system just doesn't know if that version is already installed.

That is the same thing it says for mine, though this same update is also shown in the full sync history. Let us know what the dealer says, as I bet the dealer will say that you already have the update and there's nothing to do with sync.

That is the same thing it says for mine, though this same update is also shown in the full sync history. Let us know what the dealer says, as I bet the dealer will say that you already have the update and there's nothing to do with sync.

Okay, I will report back later this week after I take the car to the dealer and get their take on the software update.