hybridbear

600 mile club

Here in Maine we have mostly rolling terrain. I've found the spacing of this rolling along I-95, which I drive on my commute to work to be ideal for continual charge/discharge cycle of the FFH's HVB. On I-95 I set my max speed to 63 mph and I never drive over the speed limit. Also given our moderate summertime climate, I rarely need to turn on climate control. Not needing to run the AC tremendously helps my fuel economy.

Sounds very close to my route/behavior -- I-95 in my area is rolling and I set cruise on 64 (up from the 62 since the 13B07 update), and about 10 miles of my 58-60 (depending on route) mile commute is rolling with speed limit 45-55 and that's where I get the best MPG. I just counted on fuelly and have 14 tanks of 600 miles or more and the current one is halfway through about 650 miles... but my tank allows full fueling and I take my time and let the red-light-racers go on and take the checkered flags all they want.

I am completely unable to use more than 11.5gal without going below zero DTE. Even this last time I filled up, I was at -8 DTE and the pump still kicked off at just below 11gal. I pushed in an extra 0.5 gal.

Same here. most I ever put in was 11.495 on 8-15. On average I get in 10.5 gallons with DTE near 0.

I honestly never look at how many miles I have driven per tank! I pretty much put in the odometer, gallons pumped, price per gallon, then check against how many gallons the car used, and reset it.

Even so, I wont be a member anytime soon, not with the roads I travel on. Its uphill all ways from my house to anywhere.