@ GrySql

Yes that's the route we have planned. We are going to end up in Richfield UT.

I used to live in CO and you would be interested in those results on I-70 between Denver and Richfield, there are a lot of long uphills and downhills... when you get to UT take a quick stop at Bryce Canyon and take some pics!

However for the rest of I-70 or I-80 through KS or NE, there's normally a steady wind coming from the west so you're dealing with nothing but headwinds... are you coming back the same way? If so, be sure to log the stats there too, would be interesting to see how things go with a steady tailwind.

I drove that in 2 days. Went to Chino CA last August in my F150. Stopped in Denver overnight, then finished up in Chino the next day. I was the only driver. What funny thats more miles than going to FL, yet I made better time.

Hey folks quick update from I70 somewhere between Denver and Grand Jct.

First of all the last 3 hours or have been really cool; went thru Denver made a quick stop at lookout mtn. Then up the Rockies thru the tunnel and down again.

So far I'm more than impressed with the FFH performance; it's a truly awesome piece of modern technology; all the nice curvy roads just a blast; and the FE is IMO just astonishing;

We filled just before Denver and so far this tank is showing 36.3 mpg at 227 miles. Yes it's not 47 mpg but for going 65 mph thru the mountains it makes me more than happy.

I'm going to add pics tonight to back up my claims. I have some really cool once like ICE and EV working together and the EV pulling twice the load.

I love this car if that wasn't clear already

I used to love that trip on I-70 to go take day trips to go skiing... provided the road conditions were not too bad. That long uphill to get to the Eisenhower Tunnel and the long downhill back out the other side, pretty cool, eh? I wondered what kind of MPG would result, as of course it will stink going up those long uphills, but then on the long downhills you're using no gas but the HVB probably hits max charge and then burns off and may run the ICE just to do so.... did it?

Thanks for the update and the trip down memory lane too.

Use facebook if you have it. I post pics off the iphone to only me, then copy the image url and post it here.

Like This.

533626_528659460509526_1654662464_n.jpg