coach81

Topping off the gas, fuel gauge issue

I found it take at least 10 fills before the fill rate stabilizes. It also depends on the pump, some pump too fast which causes it to back up the fill tube. There is one pump where I get gas that I cannot use, fills so fast that it clicks off in 3 seconds.

Already past it here, so I go across the border to fill up. .40c is .40c

Of course, when I think about it, I use 1/4 gallon of fuel, to save 1 gallons worth in cost, but the taxes dont go to the corrupt state of IL! :) See, madness to my method!

No, Nick is worse off than you are, his is under 30. Short trips in this car or murder on fuel economy. Wait until warmer weather and it will improve.

Filled mine tonight, 3 clicks, I waited about a minute between clicks and added another gallon. I usually just stop at the first click, but noticed it is under the full mark by the time I get home 11 miles from the station. Its over the top now, but skewed my MPG readings.

Recalculated what it would have read at first click to what is is full up, and it 38 vs 34.7. So at least I know this last tank was 3 above average.

Edited by acdii

Yeah, thought of that after I filled it up DOH. Look it knocked it down to under 35 :( Even though this tank was much higher than the previous who knows how many.

Funny thing is, since I got the car back, now my Scangauge and car are almost identical in the MPG readings, or now the SG shows higher then the car. I probably need to recalibrate it now since I removed it when the car was on the lot and it was driven without it for a while. In any case, it looks to be more accurate than it has been.